First time using a 350. If I try to download the program I get a Send Binary Data Invalid property value. So I tried to update the PLC and I get run time errors 380 then 440.

Things I have tried:

-Complete uninstall and folder removal as per instructions.
-Multiple reboots
-Updating PLC had the errors above
-Prayed to the PLC gods
-tried a V700 and it works fine
-Checked my software version Version 9.8.65 Build 0
-Stopped yelling at my computer and talked nicely to my computer and the PLC
-Ran as administrator 
-Tried a different cable and USB ports
-Tried an empty program to send

I am out of ideas and open for suggestions

uni1.jpg

Sorry, I meant did you TRY putting it into Factory Boot or Bootstrap Mode then downloading your program or firmware update.

Quick thoughts, unlikely to help but worth a go.  Didn't see an initialise in there anywhere.  If that doesn't help, pop the battery for a while and then initialise etc. again. Also check the battery whilst out.  Does the unit have ethernet on board?  Try using that as well.

Good luck,

Aus

Ok, on a whim, I tried using the old fashioned phone cable and USB-Serial adapter and all works fine. I did not have any problem with my test V700 and USB cable only the V350 and USB cable. I think there is an issue with USB and V350's 

4 minutes ago, viscoelastic said:

I think there is an issue with USB and V350's 

Perhaps you have a hardware problem with that particular PLC. I have a V350 sitting on my desk right now that I regularly connect to with USB.

3 hours ago, viscoelastic said:

I put it in boot mode by the long touch then the double tap. When its there, communications can't be established.

Please check speed and settings in normal mode and try to change them in boot.

In  boot  mode my V570 connect to PC only in specific com settings. Maybe battery problem possible to. 

I think so now also.  When there was an issue I just assumed I was doing something wrong and someone was going to say; “you forgot to da da da da”  and I would be on my way.  Oh well, a quick call to the dealer and all shall be fixed.  

Thanks all for trying.  

That's not a PLC problem, it's a Visilogic problem.  I've seen it on my system but I don't know what causes it.  I'm going to blame Windows and the driver.

Did you try an external converter and a serial cable?

Joe T.

Yea Joe, that was the kicker.  A USB to serial converter worked fine. It was me starting with the USB cable  that did not work.  I wasted hours trying to make that work.  Just happy I can get this machine done.