Vision or Unistream?

I am a mechanical engineer very new to PLC and ladder logic but I am working on a new automation project for my job where they want a PLC with an HMI to run 3 different stepper motors (1 of which is a 9 pin output stepper with gear reduction) and I want to know which option would be best for an application like this. The operation is (simply) as follows: Have an operator input some number at the HMI, the number runs to motor to a specific location and then stops. repeat this for the other 2 motors and then complete and reset the cycle back to a designated zero. I would love some feedback from anyone who can help!

• MVP 2023

You could use the V130 or V350 -TR34 model, which has three high speed outputs configurable for stepper control.   There is an example for setting up a stepper motor in Visilogic under Help->Examples->Version 900->Projects->HSC_HSO->V570_Stepper_Motor_PTO.

Also, enter "stepper" in the Search Tab of the Help and look at how the functions work.

Have you bought the stepper motors and controls yet?

Joe T.