Yes, I will use an DW to avoid overflow, but once the process is finished I do need to reset it before starting a new one. 

That's why I wanted to do it by software.. 

I'll wait a little more and if there no more replies I'll write to them. I'll post their answer here in order to help anyone that's having the same trouble.

Thanks Flex!!

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Ausman said:

And is it in a subroutine that is definitely being called when needed?

Yes, the subroutine is always being called.

1 minute ago, Ausman said:

Please also do a full Initialise and Reset and then see if it works.

I've just tried it, but it hasn't worked.

I don't know what could be wrong with that.

• MVP 2023

Sorry Gonzalo, over to others more knowledgable!  I don't use HSC at all, but there is obviously something I am missing in my interpretation of how to do it...same as you! 

Before we finally give up, have you tried changing your MB350 to one of the Function keypad inputs SB? Maybe this is not being called properly?

I look forward to other people's thoughts.

cheers,

Aus

16 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

Post your code.  I have a V350 I can load it into.

Joe T.

Hey Joe T.

I would like to post it, but my boss does not allow me to post the whole program. I'll try to reduce it and give it to you.

4 hours ago, Gabriel Franco said:

I can reset ML counter without issue. In hardware configuration, set HSI as a High Speed Counter using an ML operand, then in ladder resetting ML as needed.  

I use HSC with SNAP-IN.

image.png.7ec7a8d82253a7dfb7fc83ec41e463ee.png

image.png.640063583b6571f26d83430032d7742d.png

Hey Gabriel!..
I have just tried using HSC with snap in, and I could reset it.. The problem is when I try to reset the HSC of the expansion module IO-D16A3-RO16, I can't make it work. And I do need to use it, because I have to use 2 HSC and the V350 has only one.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, GonzaloRoldan_ said:

I have just tried using HSC with snap in, and I could reset it.. The problem is when I try to reset the HSC of the expansion module IO-D16A3-RO16, I can't make it work. And I do need to use it, because I have to use 2 HSC and the V350 has only one.

As far as I know and remember, using expansion modules, require you to use hardware reset for HSC.

• MVP 2023

I've just looked at hardware configs and it is interesting that HSC Reload only appears for snap-ins, perhaps other controls only work on snap-ins as well.  So Gabriel and Flex are probably right in their thoughts.  It seems strange that a reset on an expansion requires a full hardware reset.  What Gonzalo wants doesn't seem to be too unusual.  Creators please!

Aus

13 hours ago, Gabriel Franco said:

As far as I know and remember, using expansion modules, require you to use hardware reset for HSC.

I didn't know that and I think it's not well explain anywhere (help files, installation guides, etc) as other people said in this forum..  Where did you read that?

13 hours ago, Ausman said:

I've just looked at hardware configs and it is interesting that HSC Reload only appears for snap-ins, perhaps other controls only work on snap-ins as well.  So Gabriel and Flex are probably right in their thoughts.  It seems strange that a reset on an expansion requires a full hardware reset.  What Gonzalo wants doesn't seem to be too unusual.  Creators please!

Aus

I completely agree with you Aus!.. At the moment I made it work but using a digital output connected to both hardware reset pins of the HSCs, but that's really useless.. It's strange that people cannot reset it by soft. As you say, it doesn't seem to be too unusual.

21 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

@Cara Bereck Levy, this issue might need to be addressed in more detail in the help file. If there is a difference between Snap-In and expansion modules in how the HSC behaves, the customer needs to know for proper hardware selection.

Thanks Flex.. We'll see. By the way, I contacted Argentinian's Unitronics Support, but the didn't answer.

Cheers people!

Gonzalo

Hi guys--I just pinged Support and asked one of the commandos to have a look here.
If I need to clarify the Help--no problem :)

@GonzaloRoldan_ Please feel free to write to Unitronics' headquarters for support as well, regarding your issues. support@unitronics.com.
(y puedes escribir en Castellano, si tu quieres--uno de nuestro ingenieros de soporte, Eduardo, es de Argentina)

• MVP 2023

This is fascinating. I'm learning some things about the differences between expansion I/O modules and Snap-In I/O modules that I haven't thought much about in the past. My thinking is that there is a more "intimate" connection between Snap_in modules and the PLC than expansion modules. There are 8 pins (lines of communication) between expansion modules and the PLC, while there are 34 pins connecting the Snap-In module to the PLC (they may not all be used and at least 2 or 3 are used for power & ground). This would seem to allow for certain additional capabilities that Unitronics takes advantage of. Clearly one of them is the ability to interact with the HSC in real time that can't be done with the expansion module. Any of this sound right?

Hi people!!

Thanks everyone for the interest and the  willingness about this topic. I'm learning new things I haven't thought before, as Flex said.

6 hours ago, Cara Bereck Levy said:

Hi guys--I just pinged Support and asked one of the commandos to have a look here.
If I need to clarify the Help--no problem :)

@GonzaloRoldan_ Please feel free to write to Unitronics' headquarters for support as well, regarding your issues. support@unitronics.com.
(y puedes escribir en Castellano, si tu quieres--uno de nuestro ingenieros de soporte, Eduardo, es de Argentina)

Perfecto Cara!! Lo tendré en cuenta también para futuras cuestiones. Finalmente me dieron soporte desde los representantes de Argentina, aunque no hemos llegado a un conclusión aún. Muchas gracias por la amabilidad.

3 hours ago, Guy Sela said:

Hi Guys,

There is no direct option to reset HSC which is on expansion unit.

Attached is application which implements resetting HSC using virtual HSC.

In the attached application instead of working directly with the MI that linked to the HSC (which you are unable to change/reset) working with the virtual HSC.

Expansion HSC reset.vlp

That's a good way to avoid using hardware reset. Thanks for sharing Guy Sela! I might implement something similar..