Android Remote Operator to V290 PLC

rooster

I can't get the Android remote operator app to work on a V290 B20 PLC. I can connect fine on a PC with the Windows app.

I noticed that this model isn't listed in the supported models, which is no doubt the reason it doesn't work. Can someone confirm that its definitely not possible?

Or is there another way to provide remote access from an Android device?

Just want to be sure before I tell my customer that they'll have to upgrade the PLC to allow remote access from their phone!

Thanks

The mobile version of Remote Operator only supports the enhanced vision PLCs (and I think that the V130 is also not supported).

A workaround can be a computer that is connected to the PLC with Remote Operator (in full screen, for example), and then have VNC client on phone connected to the PC.

This is off course will require the PC connected 24/7 to the PLC, and if your client have several PLCs, then it complicates things.

• MVP 2023

They need a V560 with an Ethernet card.  It will fit in the same opening and they get color to boot.

16 hours ago, Saragani said:

A workaround can be a computer that is connected to the PLC with Remote Operator

I have only the utmost respect for Saragani, but this is a more expensive and complicated solution than buying a new PLC in my opinion.

Joe T.

• 2 years later...