Admin users in UniLogic

Jamie123

Basically, as much as I remember, the only requirement of UniLogic to run as Admin is when it creates the SQL instance for the first time. Tell me which version you are using, and I'll compile the main exe without Admin rights in the manifest.

You will still need to run the UniLogic for the first time as Admin, so the SQL instance will be created with enough rights to the folder of the SQL Server (else, the SQL Server fails).

I will raise this issue, so it will be decided if to change UniLogic so it won't require any Admin rights when running.

Hi Saragani,

I have the latest version which is 1.23.25

A member of our IT team has had it running. It still wont open without requiring and admin login.

As I work in a highly secretive industry, admin rights are very strictly controlled. They wont give one to a lowly engineer like me.

Jamie

I have the same problem. Have spent hours trying the work arounds described on this forum, with no luck. 

Looks to me like the installer package and possibly the use of a non-current SQL installation needs to be revised.

Until then I am stuck with a installation from two years ago on the same model of Acer PC with the same Windows 10 installation that did install back then.

On 3/18/2018 at 4:28 PM, Saragani said:

Please talk with our support for scheduling a remote session. I want to diagnose the exact problem in order to find out why UniLogic doesn't start.

Thank Saragani, I lodged a support ticket, got some advice and manged to get it the rest of the way. The root cause for failure of the installation and the earlier diagnostic tool was that the .Net feature in  Windows was not enabled. I also had to shut of Windows Defender firewall, virus protection and controlled folder access. I am still doing battle with those "features" of Windows to be able to run the software. Just when I think it is all good Unilogic runs foul of the controlled folder access. I think there must still be some executables that I have to allow through ... but I cannot work out what they all should be.  So far I have allows Offline activator.exe Unitronics.Notifier.exe and Unitronics.Shell.IU.exe.  What else needs to be on that list ?

On 3/7/2018 at 10:59 AM, Saragani said:

I'm letting you know that we are giving this issue a high priority.

We are currently working on a solution. Installation will still require to run as admin (off course), but UniLogic itself would not.

I am another user having a similar issue to Jamies. My end users machine will not run the program unless it is elevated with admin credentials. I have tried getting around with runasinvoker commands, task scheduler, and even attempted resourcehacker, but the program will not run successfully unless an admin runs it.

• 3 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:35 AM, jpoin said:

I am another user having a similar issue to Jamies. My end users machine will not run the program unless it is elevated with admin credentials. I have tried getting around with runasinvoker commands, task scheduler, and even attempted resourcehacker, but the program will not run successfully unless an admin runs it.

Has there been a solution for the original post? I too have this problem and have a ticket created in hopes for the solution. 

5 minutes ago, Saragani said:

JasonAKS, which version you are running?

1.23.25 and older, required to run as Admin. What jpoin tried to do is to run UniLogic as invoker and not as Admin. 

UniLogic 1.24.48 does not require you to be an Admin, so this solves jpoin's problem.

To be clear on that, I tried to run as invoker, to get around needing to enter admin credentials (which is what i stated in my previous post)... If what you are saying is true about version 1.24.48 then i am glad Unitronics finally came around and stopped requiring admin access to run the product.