"Convert CSV TO UDTF" Ladder function returns "-4"

Nanashi

Hello

I am fairly new in UniStream and still can't find my footing.

What I want to do is to store file first into CSV on SD, then to UDTF and later to read the UDTF file on a Data Table. But, when i try to convert the CSV into UDTF I keep getting "-4" as status.

I tried this function on the example for Data Table, with me first making a csv file with "Store DTI to File", next trying to convert the made file into UDTF, but the end status is "-4". I have read the CSV file on the computer, and it has what the original UDTF table has, so that should not be the problem.

Is there something I am doing wrongly? It would be great if someone could advise me on this.

Also, after rereading many times the help file, I have this question: why can't one write '0' for "Parameter E"? I agree, that if one converts the csv from a created file with "Store DTI to File", one should for sure delete the first column, so that the table could read the new UDTF. But what about if one makes a CSV file like the one in the "Log to File" example in the "UserLogs" folder?

I have attached the added rungs on the "Indexed Data Table" example I made. I am using USP-156-B10.

On the example HMI, I have added 2 buttons: 1st for Storing as CSV, 2nd for converting CSV into UDTF.

Capture.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ofir

Just for info, I'm having exactly the same problem with the convert from csv function.  I'm not sure if something has changed in the last couple of updates as I don't recall having this problem originally. 

I've tried using pulsed and open contacts as the convert bit but the results don't seem consistent.

Best regards

Rob