UID-W1616R Output Wiring problem

mitachky

Greetings, 

this is my first experience with Unitronics and I am also a beginner in PLC's, so I apologize in advance if I am asking stupid questions. 

I am using a USP-070-B10 with a UID-W1616R.

I`ve wired the inputs using this configuration: image.png.fbf5a731bb97a157ebcd5f35ec98d7f9.png

And I`ve wired my outputs using this configuration: image.png.678ab5df9fe78fed64c774721175d566.png

I`ve written a simple test program, to test if all the inputs/outputs are working properly.

On the back of the UID-W1616R module, I can see the inputs and outputs coming on and off as per the created program and I can hear the relays inside in the PLC switching on and off, but I am not getting the 24 volts out of the outputs. How do I fix the problem?

Thanks in advance!

• MVP 2023

Input config has no influence on output.  If you have 24V from your supply connected to the +V terminal on the output row, and 0V from the same supply connected to the 0V on the same row, then you should have 24volts differential at the output b/n the CM terminal and the relay terminal when it closes.  Are you measuring in the right places?

The other possibility is that you have a short on your lines somewhere and the supply is shutting itself down. But this would then shut the plc down if you are using a common supply.

cheers,

Aus

image.png.678ab5df9fe78fed64c774721175d566.png

The  0V and  +V   are for   to power the relay coils internally only.

What do you have on the CM  Terminal? 

The relay contacts are dry contacts and share a common connection on CM.

Power on CM ( eg. 24 VDC)   and load( eg.  24 VDCRelay Coil, or solenoid, etc. )  on the contact  to the return( eg.  0VDC)

Dant

• MVP 2023

Thanks Dan,  I stand corrected. 

As I don't actually use this module I was going on the install manual.  It clearly implies the way I said.  There is no reference to them NOT being connected internally to the 0 and +V.  Indeed, I read it implying that they are.

5ab965b3e4a05_113127-Mar-1808_24.gif.a53cdde57c0d94bc0e84543f4bbddb35.gif

Perhaps Cara needs to revisit this instruction set.

cheers,

Aus