Hey all,

I am new to Visilogic and I am trying to follow through tutorials. I am currently trying to interface a single EX-RC1 via CANBus to a V570. On the EX-RC1 I have a IO-DI16 and IO-RO16. I have tried to download the sample Visilogic programs to the PLC, however, I am not entirely sure if I am doing it correctly. 

I have flashed the V570_CAN Master for EX-RC1.vlp on the V570 successfully, however, the screen shows "COMM ERROR UNIT #2". When I tried to download the EX-RC1.vlp to the PLC it says "The PLC model selected in this project's Hardware Configuration conflicts with the model with which you are communicating." 

I am programming through the USB cord to the V570 with a baud rate of 115200. 

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Hi Joe,

Yes, I have realized this. I have made more strides in becoming more familiar with the V570 and EX-RC1. My current problem not is a problem with communication with the EX-RC1. Before attempting to download the EX-RC1.vlp I attempt to check the connection and get errors. I have the EX-RC1 connected with a CANbus cord between the V570 and EX-RC1 with the EX-RC1 set to 2 on the dip switches. So when changing the communication through the USB cord to UniCAN channel 2, this is where I am receiving the errors. 

Can I program the EX-RC1 through the V570 with a cord between the 'PRG' port on the EX-RC1 to either Port 1, Port 2, or the I/O expansion port on the V570? Also while still downloading from my PC to the V570. 

Thanks,

Greg

With CANbus working correctly, you should be able to program the EX-RC1 through the V570.  I'm assuming you have your com settings like this when you try to connect to the EX-RC1 via the V570:

image.png.7867d2ac2d309c54e72a46bf22d7b0da.png

With the PC port set to whatever COM port your USB cable is using.

22 hours ago, greg said:

Can I program the EX-RC1 through the V570 with a cord between the 'PRG' port on the EX-RC1 to either Port 1, Port 2, or the I/O expansion port on the V570? Also while still downloading from my PC to the V570. 

No.  That doesn't work.

Joe T.

Yes, I do get to that pop-up window. When I set the Unit ID to '1 (CANbus)' and I click the Get OPLC Information, the V570 information shows up as it should. However, when I change the unit id to 2, I get the pop-up window with the list of errors for CANbus. I do have the DIP switches on the EX-RC1 set to 2. I am not sure why it is not able to establish a connection.

The -RC1 comes out of the box set to ID 1, but the DIP switch settings in the Unitronics documentation are confusing as it's not clear which is up or down - black or white.

The switches themselves are actually white, but the drawing shows them as black:

image.png.5845ccc7439e796d0d7b4b8838b3746f.png

So ID #2 is switch 2 up.

2 hours ago, sgull said:

Have you supplied 24vdc to the canbus wiring?

Or it could be this.

If the bus is powered and the switches are right, CANbus works.

Joe T.

I was not supplying 24V DC to the CANbus wiring, so I have fixed that. Thank you Denis. 

I also did have the switches inverted because of how I read the documentation drawings. It is now correctly set to ID 2. Thank you Joe.

I am now able to communicate with the EX-RC1!

Moving forward for programming the EX-RC1 to work with the V570, since I want to use the IO-DI16 and IO-RO16, can I just change the HW configuration in the sample EX-RC1 file to those modules and then create a program for the V570?

Thank you both for all of your help.

6 hours ago, greg said:

can I just change the HW configuration in the sample EX-RC1 file to those modules and then create a program for the V570?

Yes.

If you want to post both .vlp files after you've changed them we can be of more help.

Joe T.

On 4/16/2018 at 10:50 PM, greg said:

Greg Hi

I send you my files for PLC & EX-RC1 , First make adress in your extenzion devices and separatly programming each. After that look the programm and make yours aplication programm

and adjust for yours screen in V 560. Joe explained to you how to make address, but programming time  for RC1 is the safest at 38,400 via RS232

Evrything next is very simple.     Good luck

RC TEST V1040.vlp

RC#2.vlp

RC#3.vlp

RC#4.vlp

• Like 1