Unistream as HMI to AB SLC500 ethernet

• MVP 2023

Hi Hots,

I thought someone else might have chimed in, but alas no.  So my thought is to do it all via modbus etc.  But it would involve changing the SLC program to allow it to do bus work, which you may not like to do as it does fall outside your "keep it intact" requirement.  However, I don't think it would be that hard to have enough talking going on for a perfectly ok  solution the way you want.  Essentially view the SLC as a modbus I/O.

cheers,

Aus

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 5:36 PM, Ausman said:

Hi Hots,

I thought someone else might have chimed in, but alas no.  So my thought is to do it all via modbus etc.  But it would involve changing the SLC program to allow it to do bus work, which you may not like to do as it does fall outside your "keep it intact" requirement.  However, I don't think it would be that hard to have enough talking going on for a perfectly ok  solution the way you want.  Essentially view the SLC as a modbus I/O.

cheers,

Aus

It was my understanding that the AB SLC 5/05 does not have native MODBUS capability. Additional hardware like a Prosoft MCM-3150 would be required? Sounds like the answer to the question "Is there a simple way to make a Unistream panel communicate with an AB SLC5/05" is.... NO.