Vision Communicating Directly with Wireless Gateway

Hi all,

I have hit a roadblock and am asking for guidance. I have a V350 with an Ethernet module connected to a wireless gateway (RV50). The RV50 uses Modbus (socket 2, port 502) to connect to the PLC and port forwarding to allow remote communication (socket 1, port 20256). This communication is great and has been successful for several months. My challenge begins when we want to control the outputs on a separate wireless gateway (GX450) with AT commands from this PLC by using the Protocol TCP/IP Function. The catch is that the GX450 will be in a remote destination and we will not be able to use serial communication.

I have configured and initialized socket 0 to use Protocol TCP/IP on port 20255, SB 142 and SB 143 come on, but SB 147 does not. The static IP of my GX450 is 68.25.107.225 and I'm not sure what my remote port # would be (MI1007).  

I have attached my file and the rungs are under Protocol TCP IP Test except for the Sock Config under Main Routine. 

1.) Does this sound possible or is there an easier way? 

2.) Has anyone done something like this and could offer some insight?

Note: We are using the Sprint network for both the RV50 and the GX450 and have been told by Sprint that they do not offer SMS messaging on the GX450. This is the initial route I wanted to take. 

Thanks,

Josh Goen

V350 TR20 Mnet-4-30-18.vlp

• MVP 2023

You're going to need some help from the GX450 vendor.  SB 147 isn't coming on because the device isn't recognizing your connect request.

I'd start by trying to drive the GX450 with something like puTTY to get the connection figured out and test the AT commands.  Then transfer what you've learned to the PLC.

Joe T.