Initiate Data Table Download Serially from PLC?

luis.lmtz

Hello,

I already know how to do  data table download via ethernet, initiated by either PLC or PC (from DataXport).  Also serially but initiated by a schedule or manually from the PC (using Dataxport utility).

But, is there a way to initiate a data table download serially from the PLC using data export? By that I mean something similar to using Ethernet (listen).

image.thumb.png.72fef6a727a6bdfa6cc62d2b797bc820.png

Please help I am stuck trying to find out how to do it serially intiated from the PLC, if there is a way.  If it can't be done via DataXport is there another way?

Please advise. 

Hi Ausman,

Thanks for the reply.  I know how that is done. already did it and it works. But only able to retrieve the data tables via Schedule or force the call from DataXport.

My question is more related to being able to initiate Data table transfer from the PLC to PC, but initiated by the PLC serially. Kind of the same as having DataXport in Listen mode when using ethernet. Is there a way to do that?   or if not by DataXport, is there any other way of just sending .CSV file serially?  

image.png.9885e7fb79e7d7129c472fcc090ad653.png