Import STRUCT from XML file (*.ulri)

• 3 years later...
  • MVP 2023

I'm again having to change some structs around, and as usual I ponder the "Import" facility which wer quite rightly asked about.

Any clues, anyone? 

And if it's an import, why can't we do an export?  I get the feeling that such things would make life a lot easier, as the file could be referenced in collect/extract matchings.  But how to go about it appears to be one of those little mysteries that the creators have made for us.  🤔

@Cara Bereck Levy  I'll ping you in on this, just in case you know and it hasn't appeared in any help files.

cheers, Aus 

• MVP 2023

I test URB module I/O configurator menu in project Hardware Configuration embedded to new Visilogic version.

If some configuration of URB I/O modules is present (created),  you can select register configuration  for inputs and outputs.

Then  you can export    .ulri files for inputs and ouputs to folder.

After that this files can be imported to  Visilogic STRUCT function for collect or send data via URB modules.

• MVP 2023

Kratmel, I assume this is in Visilogic versions later than 9.8.65.  But I'm left puzzled how something for the modules relates to Structs? 

Wondering if you could post an actual example of a saved .ulri so that I can get an idea of the format etc.  I am perhaps mistaken in thinking that they would be a small file.

cheers, Aus