Jump to content
msonoya@cosine.com.ph

v350 PLC to VFD Hitachi X200 via MODBUS Communication

Recommended Posts

There are a few things wrong here. My understanding is you want the plc to control the Hitachi.  So the plc is going to be the Master.

I suggest that you look at Visilogic/Help/Examples/Version 900/ Project examples/Communications/Modbus/V130 Modbus_Master to give you a better idea of how to go about things.

cheers, Aus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ausman said:

There are a few things wrong here. My understanding is you want the plc to control the Hitachi.  So the plc is going to be the Master.

I suggest that you look at Visilogic/Help/Examples/Version 900/ Project examples/Communications/Modbus/V130 Modbus_Master to give you a better idea of how to go about things.

cheers, Aus

 

3 hours ago, msonoya@cosine.com.ph said:

Hello, can anybody help me on how to communicate the v350 PLC to VFD Hitachi X200 via MODBUS?  

attached is our program for the vfd in visilogic

Untitled.png

please help if you have an idea about this matter. thank you in advance !!

Mr. Ausman, you are right, we want the PLC v350 to be the master, but the problem is we cant communicate the PLC with the Hitachi x200, ived already checked what you asked me to do but the model which you are reffering to is v130, i think its different from v350 right? by the way thank you for responding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All Vision PLCs work the same way when it comes to Modbus, so the ladder code in the V130 example will work in the V350.

Typically the Modbus master is using the RHR #3 (read holding registers) and PHR #16 (preset holding registers) commands when talking to a slave such as a VFD.  The picture of your code uses function #8 Loopback Test, which isn't going to do anything except prove the PLC can talk to itself.

Post your actual PLC program and a link to the Hitachi x200 communication reference containing the Modbus register table.

Joe T.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe has just replied whilst I was typing this.   Yes it is for a 130, but the essence of how to do what you want is the same.

Your picture also shows a few things of note, it looks like you're using cat 5 for the 485 connection, so how have got  the terminations arranged?  Is the plc end actually plugged into the com port and not the expansion port?  I would be slowing your 485 speed to 9600 initially.  Also, have you got the plc's internal 485 jumpers set correctly?

cheers, Aus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 3:33 PM, Joe Tauser said:

All Vision PLCs work the same way when it comes to Modbus, so the ladder code in the V130 example will work in the V350.

Typically the Modbus master is using the RHR #3 (read holding registers) and PHR #16 (preset holding registers) commands when talking to a slave such as a VFD.  The picture of your code uses function #8 Loopback Test, which isn't going to do anything except prove the PLC can talk to itself.

Post your actual PLC program and a link to the Hitachi x200 communication reference containing the Modbus register table.

Joe T.

mr. Joe what can you suggest to do for it to work? thank you for responding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, msonoya@cosine.com.ph said:

mr. Joe what can you suggest to do for it to work? thank you for responding

 

On 11/28/2018 at 9:35 PM, Ausman said:

I suggest that you look at Visilogic/Help/Examples/Version 900/ Project examples/Communications/Modbus/V130 Modbus_Master to give you a better idea of how to go about things.

^^^ Did you do this? ^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, msonoya@cosine.com.ph said:

mr. Joe what can you suggest to do for it to work? thank you for responding

I asked you to post your program and find a link to the needed Hitachi Modbus documentation.   I'm not going to go digging to support a product I don't sell (Hitachi).  And you you need to upload your .vlp file to show that you are trying to solve this yourself as well.

Joe T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Modbus section is in appendix B.  Please verify that you have set the switches and parameters according to pages B-1 to B-5.

Verify that you have the jumpers on the V350 set to RS485 as outlined in the V350 Installation guide.

Tell us what the VFD slave ID is set to (C072) and verify your serial cable connection - the drive is an RJ45 8 pin and the PLC is an RJ11 6 pin.  Pin 5 of the VFD cable should go to pin 1 of the PLC cable, and pin 6 of the VFD cable should go to pin 6 of the PLC cable.  The jumpers and PLC cable diagram are on page 7 and 8 of the V350 Installation guide.

Then tell us exactly what you want the PLC to tell the drive.  Referencing pages and commands in the Hitachi manual would be helpful.

Joe T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You dont need MB 3,
Set VFD params 19200 Baud,8 data,None Parity,1 Stop.
PLC must be a master for control VFD.Dont use "SCAN_EX".
You must set a "Write-Read" networks.İF PLC writing cant read same time.

Mr. Joe right,first you must read VFD actual freq. and you must use "Modbus = Read Holding Register" , keep in mind PLC cannot write simultaneously while reading.

When you wanna write freq. VFD you must use "Modbus = Preset Holding Register".

For Read-Writing addresses you must look manual of VFD,and sometimes we may need to make parameter settings via the drive.

In communication parameters, the driver requests a Modbus address assignment.

It's really enjoyable, but it's a tough subject.
It's a good idea to go step by step.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...