What Logic is necessary for you to establish communication with Samba SM70-J via a standard Router + DDNS to remote operator?

What is the "Socket" ?......Is it the physical port on the HMI or a virtual one, and how do you activate one?(if necessary)

I've programmed the PLC at the workshop and it was working from outside the country...but since its been on sight it stopped working.

Screenshot (29).png

Screenshot (30).png

• MVP 2023

I recommend you search the internet to learn about this. A socket is a standard networking term for an endpoint for sending or receiving data. Your Samba has 4 sockets available for ethernet communications. Each socket has a default configuration, or you may configure manually via the Socket Init function block. The default for PC-PLC communications is TCP protocol via Port 20256. Socket 1 defaults to this configuration. It looks to me like your setup visible in the screenshots is correct, assuming you have the ethernet addressing right.

I recommend you read the Help entries relating to ethernet communications and also review the example programs that came with your VisiLogic installation. Both are very good. There are also many YouTube videos produced by Unitronics that are very helpful.

One other thing - you should probably perform your Power-Ups first before running your subroutines (reverse rungs 1 & 2).

• MVP 2023

Do what Flex is suggesting, but also......

13 hours ago, Ace_Systeco said:

I've programmed the PLC at the workshop and it was working from outside the country...but since its been on sight it stopped working.

To me this sounds like you need to have modem/router work done at the remote site.  If you are saying it was all working fine, including Remote Operator, in the workshop before shipping, then it is a site issue.  It is far preferable if the remote site has a static DNS rather than Dynamic.  It can save you a lot of headaches.  But if it can only be Dynamic, the very first thing needed is to get the modem/router telling the world what it's current address is.  Most reasonable modem/routers have this facility built in.  After that is happening the router then needs to have instructions given to direct the external requests correctly.

For years I tried all sorts of free DNS providers that were decidedly haphazard in their effectiveness.  In the end I stuck with paying a tiny amount of $s to dyndns.org which has always been rock solid performance. 

cheers, Aus