Communication problem between V1210 and EXF-RC15 via CANbus

Hello all,

We would ask you for help or advice, we have some  problems with communication between this two PLC-s V1210 ( moduleV200-18-E46B) and remote I/O EXF-RC15 via CAN bus.

We control with 5 servo motors (Yaskawa), two of them is controlled by V1210 and other 3 by EXF-RC15. Everything keeps smooth when we control only 2 motors which are attached to

V1210. Problems starts when we finish programming some of other three motors controlled by EXF-RC15 - (when we need communication between this two PLC-s’9. For example when we push on run bit for one motor (Button on V1210 display), its pushes on all other motors run bit etc. We send data about run bits from EXF-RC15 to V1210, but cant send same in other way and for that reason RC15 does not send to V1210 info when run bit is off ? At the and we solved problem with auxiliary bits through ladder logic but we really want to know what is problem. In attachment u can find both programs, i hope that you will look at it, and give us some advice...

We would really appreciate any kind of help....

RC15.vlp

V1210.vlp

• MVP 2023

Hi Matej, I haven't looked in depth at your program, only quickly, and for a starting point I would be interested to know if slowing down your Unican rate helps at all.  Shift it back to 10Kb and if that fixes the issue, then increase it in upward steps until you find the speed that is stable.  Superfast is great, but sometimes buffers/line problems/fairiesandgoblins etc create issues that make it hard for the system to keep up with what's needed.  Don't forget you need to change this speed on both units each trial.

Perhaps a later closer program inspection might reveal something obvious, but try this for now please.

cheers, Aus

10 hours ago, Ausman said:

Hi Matej, I haven't looked in depth at your program, only quickly, and for a starting point I would be interested to know if slowing down your Unican rate helps at all.  Shift it back to 10Kb and if that fixes the issue, then increase it in upward steps until you find the speed that is stable.  Superfast is great, but sometimes buffers/line problems/fairiesandgoblins etc create issues that make it hard for the system to keep up with what's needed.  Don't forget you need to change this speed on both units each trial.

Perhaps a later closer program inspection might reveal something obvious, but try this for now please.

cheers, Aus

Hi Ausman,

First of all thank you for reply,

Do u think at Baud rate?546553897_ScreenShot12-02-18at09_47AM.PNG.de0e3ceb1fb880d73cb128b7852efd6d.PNG

If yes, i will try with slowing it down and see whats  going to happen,

Best regards,

Matej

3 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

Your RC15 program isn't including them in the STRUCT collect block, as I only saw DW 22 and DW32.  So they're not being sent.

UniCAN is a one-way transmitting protocol - the V1210 can't "read" the RC15. 

What exactly are the addresses of the Run bits you want sent back to the V1210?

Joe T. 

Hello Joe,

Thank you for reply,

I only send them from V1210 to RC15 it is MB1000, 1002, 1010 ( linked to buttons on 1210 hmi) when i activate them i activate high speed outputs at RC15., but when target is reached RC15 does not send "info" to V1210 that they are off.  You have just said that UniCAN is one-way transmitting protocol, so( i can not send same bits info in other way?)...I’m pretty new in programming especially in communication problems so probably my problem description is not the best one :) 

Best regards,

Matej

• MVP 2023
12 hours ago, Matej Kraljević said:

If yes, i will try with slowing it down and see whats  going to happen,

Hi Matej,

I think Joe has looked harder at the program than myself and might be more on the right track, but for my suggestion you are changing the wrong speed.  The area you are in is the PC communication settings.  You want to be in the UniCan settings, which is opened by double click as shown in the attached pic.  You can then choose different speeds in the circle area.

cheers, Aus

unicanspeed.gif

7 hours ago, Ausman said:

Also, in case you haven't already done this, have a good read of the Help files.  Use index to find UniCan and then read Canbus UniCAN, looking at everything on the page be it the green links and also related topics, as well as UniCAN.

cheers, Aus

Thanks for advice, i red it, but never enough. Will try...

Cheers :)