Was using Visilogic in a multi monitor environment where I had the main program on the 2nd monitor. When opening property dialogs they usually appear on the 1st monitor, even after dragging to the 2nd monitor they still open on the 1st monitor next time. This is an annoyance.

The bigger problem is that now I am back on a single monitor (my laptop), when I open a property dialog it seems to open off screen. Nothing I do seems to bring it back to the main monitor. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Hi Mat, my understanding of what you are saying is that you think the dialog locations are kept as part of a .vlp?  You were working on the program on a multi-monitor and now you are on a different computer (laptop) some things are seemingly placed incorrectly indicating that locations are saved within the file?

I don't recall this happening in my instances at all, but I cannot play with this for at least another few days, others may be able to check this soon.  I recall that sometimes I have instances where I have to swap monitors onto the other connection for some things to work properly....it often makes no sense but it works.  From memory this has been where the MB has a standard fitment of a 1 x vga and 1 x dvi port.

cheers, Aus

10 hours ago, matb66 said:

Back in multi-monitor mode now

So does this mean the laptop is in a docking station with multi monitors running from it?  And therefore the computer is travelling with different numbers of monitors, so it might not be the saved .vlp? I am intrigued about this.

I'm back on my 2 monitor system and have noticed that all my multiple instances display in ways that I have got used to, with persistent annoyances being minor and so I've just dismissed them as "let that one go, Aus!"  They always open full screen to the primary monitor, but when I move things around the only dialog that doesn' t follow properly is the mini online control box that pops up when in online mode, it always opens on the RHS of the primary monitor, but not always in the same place. 

cheers, Aus

47 minutes ago, Ausman said:

...but not always in the same place

Yeah, what is with that little box. I never know where it's going to pop up and there doesn't seem to be any way to change that.

Windows keystrokes are like an Ancient Chinese Secret.

The Ctrl+Shift + click on icon - blow out user settings in registry.  This will also clear your recent programs list.  I did a little digging and this was added in Win 7.

Alt+Space then "M" then use your arrow keys to move the window.  It's like magic when that little bugger starts marching over from a display that no longer exists.  You can try these out even if you do have multi-monitors connected.  Goes back to Win 95.

I had these reinforced in my lizard brain not too long ago when it happened to me moving from work to home - work: Left side 2nd monitor.  Home: right side 2nd monitor. 

Gah.

Many programs do not include code to recognize that your display configuration has changed, and the last window position is saved in the registry.  So be a good boy and put your windows back before you close the program.  Santa is watching.

Joe T.

On 12/20/2018 at 6:58 AM, Joe Tauser said:

Alt+Space then "M" then use your arrow keys to move the window.  It's like magic when that little bugger starts marching over from a display that no longer exists.  You can try these out even if you do have multi-monitors connected.  Goes back to Win 95.

Wow. WOW!!!
I didn't know this one - thanks!!!