v1040 without Ethernet port

orisantander

• MVP 2023

The Ethernet card is an option on a V1040.  If you didn't put one in then it doesn't have one.  That RJ45 port is for connecting expansion I/O.  The Ethernet port is not expensive and is easy to install.  You'll have to add a little bit of code to your PLC program to wake it up.

As far as remote access is concerned, you'll need to provide details on the physical connection.  Are you talking access via a local network or from the outside world?

Joe T.

Joe, 

Thanks for your answer. 

7 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

Are you talking access via a local network or from the outside world?

I'd like to access by entering the IP address of the controller into a web browser and have a full visualization of the HMI screens. Is it possible?

Or by downloading an app on de PC that allow me to do the same?

Thanks in advance! 

• MVP 2023

Hi Oris, you haven't answered Joe's question as to "local network or from the outside world?"  This can be an important issue for the client, and there are pros and cons.

Remote access or Remote Operator will both do what you want, they display the HMI screens on the viewing computer.  Interaction via buttons is also available, with nearly all operations possible.  This needs to be taken into account......do you want viewers to have full operational access?

Using a browser is possible, is done within your .vlp and lets you set up a "website" that you can arrange however you want, but in this case I think you are wanting the programs I mentioned above.  I personally prefer Remote Access, but others like Remote Operator.  Each has it's own merits.

On the ethernet port, you could go the other way of a serial to ethernet (external supplier) adapter, which work quite well, but it is generally much easier, similar cost and simpler to fit the ethernet card.  Also, when looking for whether there is an ethernet card fitted on any Vision PLC, do not confuse the expansion port with an ethernet port.  If you can't visually check, use Info mode and if there is no card it will show this....by not showing things!

cheers, Aus

Hi Ausman!

That's an amazing info. Thanks a lot! 

Sorry for not answer Joe's question. In this case it would be access via local network.

14 hours ago, Ausman said:

do you want viewers to have full operational access?

And the answer to this question is yes, as it is a basic on/off system, they want to be able to control it by remote access.

Another question that I'm not sure if it's ok to ask it on this forum, sorry if it's not. But does anyone know about an Unitronics provider in Chile? In this case to buy the Ethernet card.

Thanks again for your kind help!

Cheers!