REPLACE I/O FROM THE HMI

Kikis

Hi Guys,

Today i made a travel of 60km to check a problem on a JAZZ PLC after getting a phone call from the customer.

From his descriprion during the phone call, it was clear that O1 (relay output) was worn out, and it was indeed.

So i downloaded a new program to replace O1 with O5 which was not used and installed an RC snubber accross the driven AC coil.

What is the best  and easiest way, in terms of programming, so that the customer would be able to replace inputs and outputs from the HMI screen?

• MVP 2023

Hmmm.  My immediate thoughts....

Use linked MBs or some numbers in an MI? But you would likely have to break this down into the permutations you want to have as possiblities, so that with different MBs or MI number change "everything" in the linked outputs changes in one hit so that no inadvertent clash occurs.  "Type 1 = this layout, Type 2 = the next variation etc etc.

Rather than keep the information about what goes where as a lot of stuff to display, which would get awkward, it would be easiest if "type 1 = these outputs, type 2 = these....." was done as a physical document which you could send as necessary.

Alternatively use a Jazz with solid state outputs driving easily field replaced relays?  But I know this is a fundamental change!!

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023

If there are many free relay outputs, I try to do duplicate outputs for responsible tasks.
That is, on the same function I use two outputs.
Ideally if they are twice as needed.
Then, at the time of delivery of the new controller, the user can itself rearrange the wire to the backup output.
For simplicity, one of the contacts of two relays with the same functions is connected by a conductor.
And accordingly, no reprogramming is required.

For inputs I did one backup input which user can enable in parallel with one of any available.
But here is the condition that it must be foreseen that this switching takes NC or NO input signal.
The same can be done with outputs.

JoeT say - solid output +relay on the I/O expansion module with galvanic isolation is the best!

• Like 1

Thanks Aus and Kratmel for your replies.

On 1/14/2019 at 11:29 PM, Ausman said:

Use linked MBs or some numbers in an MI? But you would likely have to break this down into the permutations you want to have as possiblities, so that with different MBs or MI number change "everything" in the linked outputs changes in one hit so that no inadvertent clash occurs.  "Type 1 = this layout, Type 2 = the next variation etc etc.

Yeah, that's exactly what i was thinking as a solution.