V350 with V100-17-ET2 (Ethernet module) communication issue with my PC

Hai Guys,

I have add Ethernet module(V100-17-ET2) in my V350 controller in order to communicate with one additional HMI . It is working fine with a short cable (2 to 3 metre). But when i connect long cable, more than 5 meter, even LEDs for indication itself not working. The same cable is working fine between my PC and HMI. But not working between my PC and V350 Controller. Please advise me to solve this ASAP. 

Thanks

Regards

Abilash

Singapore.

6 hours ago, kratmel said:

Do you read this document?

https://unitronicsplc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/V100-17-ET2_S_TECH-SPEC_10-13.pdf

Two type of cable pinout used for this module for different connection type.

Yes i know. But i followed controller to hub/switch connection type. It is working fine in short length cables (2 to 3 meter). May i change my connection type? But i don't think it depends on cable length?

3 hours ago, Ausman said:

Have you got the ethernet port set up correctly within the program on the 350?  Have you tried another cable, even though the tester says it is ok?

cheers, Aus

Hai Aus

Please understand, everything is working fine in short cables (2 to 3 metres). That means Ethernet port settings, cable connection type everything is OK right?

• MVP 2023

yes I understand all that, and in theory the answer is yes if it works elsewhere, but use info mode to make sure of the TCP settings whilst the plc is running, and do try another cable even though the tester and other use says it is ok.

It is possible that there is only a miniscule amount of power going through some connection somewhere that normally should allow more, so try the following:.

Redo the crimps on the lead. 

Pull the card from the plc and refit it, making sure everything is going together perfectly.  Do an Initialise and Reset on the plc after doing this refit.

And also make sure that the pins on the plc's and PC's sockets are all uniform height and not showing any signs of damage, misalignment etc.  

lastly, is anything that requires power to operate properly correctly connected and commoned?

edit:  and try a crossover cable anyway, just for interest's sake.  You are implying you don't need it, but if you are directly connecting you should.

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023

And I'm asking about the crossover just in case something weird is going on with the close connection, in that it is working because a router connected to the PC might be involved, rather than being a "real" direct connection b/n the two.

Flex sort of asked for this already, but please give us a link to the HMI details.

cheers, Aus

I had this same problem last week on a 100+ foot drop from a V560 to my network switch, cable looked good with my tester, I could connect my laptop the the network switch through the cable, but could not connect my laptop back the other way to the V560. I snipped off the ends and crimped on new RJ45 connectors, and magically everything was happy.

JohnR

• MVP 2023
On 2/7/2019 at 3:20 AM, Abilash said:

It is working fine in short length cables (2 to 3 meter).

Sometimes in cable one signal is transmitted by two conductor in two diferent twisted pairs.

It work for short but do not work for long distance.

You must test - is the the separated twisted pairs used for two signal acording to manual.

• MVP 2023

Are you rolling your own cables or trying pre-made ones?  Have you tried CAT 6 cable?

Un-amplified Ethernet is supposed to be good for 100 meters.  

I have found that all Ethernet cable testers are not created equal.   Exactly what kind are you using?

I originally had a continuity-type tester for Ethernet cables that I thought was good until I had a connection problem on a cable I installed in my office walls that drove me crazy.   It was maybe 10m long.

Then I got one of these-

https://triplett.com/shop/pairmaster-kit/

This tester revealed that I was getting cross-talk between two pairs of my home-brewed cable.  I cut the ends off and tried again and was able to fix the problem.

Something to consider.

Joe T.

I tried with Poe switch.. Still same problem. For short cables,  system bits SB I49 (socket 2 status ) & SB I5I ( ethernet communication status) is ON. But for long cables only SB I5I is ON, SB I49 is OFF. That means socket 2 (for Modbus TCP/IP) is not connected. But communication is established and am seeing yellow led is blinking.. Don't know the exact problem :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023

As well as all of the above suggestions, did you do what I suggested?..........

Pull the card from the plc and refit it, making sure everything is going together perfectly.  Do an Initialise and Reset on the plc after doing this refit.

And also make sure that the pins on the plc's and PC's sockets are all uniform height and not showing any signs of damage, misalignment etc.  

lastly, is anything that requires power to operate properly correctly connected and commoned?