I'm new to the software, and I have a project that requires using Visilogic. I watched the tutorials provided by Unitonics' youtube channel for a kickstart. But come the "communication & OS" step, I kept, and keep getting the error 207 (shown in the pic below). I have no idea what to do nor how to solve it, HELP ! 

PS : I'm using Vision 570 for the hardware, and visilogic 9.8.79 BETA (downloaded from Unitronics' website)

S : I 1st suspected my laptop to have an issue, so I used another one, and still got the same error. Any help and steps to solve this, and explanation of this issue would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

15517007010896604032700090343377.jpg

• MVP 2023

One of the nice things about Unitronics PLCs is there are several ways to communicate with them from your computer. Tell us exactly what method you are using, what type of cable, what version of Windows you are using, etc, and someone will help you troubleshoot.

One other thing, mind if I ask why you would attempt to use the BETA version of the software, rather than the released version, if you are new to the software?

I'm using windows 10, and I downloaded the BETA because honestly it was the 1st one to be recommanded at the website, given it's the latest version of Visilogic. As to the hardware so far I'm not using any : I'm still learning the ways through visilogic, so I was planning on just starting on a simulation. Specifically I've been following this tutorial :

You will find the part where I have an issue in min 6:44. I'm assuming the guy in the tutorial isn't plugging any hardware either, otherwise he would've mentionned it in a previous part, but at that point it works for him and not for me.

What do you think the problem is, and how do I solve it please ?

• MVP 2023
23 minutes ago, chay said:

I'm assuming the guy in the tutorial isn't plugging any hardware either

That would be a bad assumption. The Communication selection of the Connection dropdown is communication WITH THE PLC. You are getting that error because you have no PLC connected to VisiLogic.

26 minutes ago, chay said:

I'm still learning the ways through visilogic, so I was planning on just starting on a simulation

There is no simulation software for Unitronics PLCs. Their philosophy is that their software is free and their PLCs are inexpensive enough that you can download their free software and purchase a PLC for less that you would spend on other manufacturer's software alone. You should be able to find a Unitronics Samba PLC for $300 or less and it programs the same way as all the Unitronics Vision PLCs using VisiLogic.

I think you'll find VisiLogic to be a joy to work with. It's intuitive and powerful. Pony up for a PLC and have some fun.

I was actually judging from my experience with Step7 to be honest, it didn't require plugging the automate to run a simulation, hence my assumption, but now I understand they're not basics. Alright I will try ir with the PLC. I already have a V570 to work with. Thank you so much for your time and help. 

• 1 year later...

I am having the same problem as Chay. I keep getting "Communication Driver Error Port Number 1 (207)" when I try to download to the Samba via USB. I have the USB cable connected to the SAMBA PLC and have tried every USB port on my laptop. I tried to scrap this totally and go with Ethernet, but when I try to go that route, I keep getting TCP/IP errors. Would it make sense for both communication methods failing to be a coincidence or does this seem like some sort of network issue on the PC end? I don't know enough about Unitronics to be able to decide on my own if the issue is in the PLC or the PC. Please Help.

I have installed the USB driver for Visilogic from the Communication/USB tab in Visilogic.... or at least I've tried to. I have done this several times and still when I plug the PC into  the PLC it doesn't even show up as a device.  I'm not exactly sure how to select a COM port either. I open the device manager and can highlight anything and tab through the properties, disable, uninstall, etc. but there is no "select" option.

As for the TCP/IP, I believe it was error 210. It was suggesting that I check to make sure the cable was making good connection, told me to check IP, etc. I think you're correct about me not knowing the IP address. Is there a way for me to see the IP address of the PLC? I'm unable to contact the person who started this project and they left me with limited documentation.

• MVP 2023
28 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

if I want to switch to Ethernet, how do I configure the IP address for the PLC?

The best way is to perform an Ethernet card initialization in ladder. Be sure to assign a PLC name also.

The current PLC IP address and PLC name can be found in INFO Mode.

There are many resources provided by Unitronics that I recommend you check out. There are many example projects that came with your VisiLogic installation that you can easily access from Help/Examples... There are also many Unitronics training videos available on YouTube.

• MVP 2023

Mitchell, perhaps you haven't yet found the far right area of the toolbar, called Help.  Using all the myriad files and direct information there, as well as experimenting progressively on evolving concepts that you want to do, is a must.

Please remember that this forum is mainly answered by volunteers.

cheers, Aus

• 3 months later...

Good morning, at this moment I have this connection problem and I would like to know how you solved it if possible, I appreciate the collaboration that you can give me.

The plc that I am working with is a V350-J-R34. I worked it on my pc without problems but I had to change computers and I could not establish a connection again.

The connection was made usb-usb V3 I download the software version 9.8.91, install the usb driver version and check the com port, the baud rate is working at 115200, however it does not connect.

Yes. Every time I connect the plc I check the COM port and assign it, the problem is that it is set to a specific one, regardless of changing the physical port, the COM assigned is the same for each USB port.

I knew that the COM entries were free, that no device was using them.

I don't know if it is a problem in the control side, the connection is simple, however I have had problems

• 4 months later...

Is there any information on how to resolve the stated error (Error 207)? I am having this issue on 2 different laptops. I changed to every com port possible, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and software. And nothing, I can't get communication established. I'm not seeing any solutions to the error. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• MVP 2023

@Jsalzy - we kind of have to start over troubleshooting your problem since it's a new set of circumstances.  

26 minutes ago, Jsalzy said:

I changed to every com port possible,

This will not do you any good if you don't know for sure which port the COM adapter has allocated to itself.

You need to open Device Manager and see if "Silicon Labs" appears in the Ports section.

We start with the basics -

1.  what is the model of the PLC?

2.  does the computer make the happy-ding connection noise when you plug the USB cable in?

Joe T. 

Device Manager Shows: Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM5)

Visilogic Communication & OS Shows: PC Port: COM 5

PLC: V570-57-T20B-J

PC: Dell Latitude 5420

Not sure if it dings when it gets plugged in but windows recognizes it when it gets plugged into hardware (in device manager, it's hidden and then shows up when you plug into the PLC)

Communication Driver Error Port Number 5 (207).PNG

Device Manager.PNG

Visilogic Communication and OS.PNG

There are currently 4 laptops that have the Visilogic software installed. 1 laptop is 4 years old, no issues. The other laptops are all new within the past six months, 2 no issues, the newest one (about 3 weeks old) is the one I am having issues with. We are using Visilogic version 9.8.65.

• MVP 2023

Thanks for the detailed reply.  So the computers are OK.

The USB port on the V570 is connected to an internal USB to serial converter that is tied to COM 1 on the PLC.  If the PLC is busy talking to something on the RJ12 COM 1 port it will lock out the USB port.

Is this the case for you?

Do you have another PLC you can power up and test with your computers?

Joe T.