Jump to content
Fotonic

VNC operation does not set General.Touched Bit

Recommended Posts

Hi, during operation via VNC client it's impossible to go back from screensaver screen since it's functionality is based on General.Touched Bit that is not set via VNC.

This is a problem also related to resetting the timer associated to the screensaver screen loading since it's not reset when screen is virtually touched in VNC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Fotonic,
The General.Touched Bit is a bit that set when a touch event, of the touch screen, occur.  When you "touch" the UniStream using a VNC client the General.Touched bit will not be set by design.
Nevertheless I will add a "feature request" to this manner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps a unique bit that responds to VNC screen clicks. Could be ORed in ladder with general.touched bit. Hopefully next release will fix the “number of VNC connections” bug as well. If that counter worked reliably it could “partially” solve the screen saver problem. A compare could detect when a VNC Session was established and disable screen saver. When connected clients=0 screen saver could Resume. 

 I believe there is a VNC connected bit, if you’re needing a quick fix you could defeat the screensaver when the VNC connected bit is true .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NoamM said:

Hi Fotonic,
The General.Touched Bit is a bit that set when a touch event, of the touch screen, occur.  When you "touch" the UniStream using a VNC client the General.Touched bit will not be set by design.
Nevertheless I will add a "feature request" to this manner

I understand that the bit refers to a touch action on the phisical screen, but isn't vnc supposed to be a way to "touch" the screen remotely?

Thanks for the feature request.

 

56 minutes ago, hotwires said:

 I believe there is a VNC connected bit, if you’re needing a quick fix you could defeat the screensaver when the VNC connected bit is true .

There is that bit and I disable all functions related to screen touched bit when vnc client connects. Honestly it's pretty annoying in my opinion, if you forgot to disable something you mess up the program even when the vnc client disconnects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough. I predicated it with “quick fix”. Unitronics is good about feature requests (generally) but they can take some time. 

I envisioned a PTC contact to defeat screen saver and an NTC contact to restore sceen saver at client disconnect. Theorically that leaves nothing to forget. 

Annoyinng: I agree. I’ve been stonewalled with similar issues myself. I work with another major PLC brand and they have their issues too.  For the price, features, support, and possibility of feature requests making a release; I deal with the little things and enjoy the greater good I can realize with Unistream. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hotwires said:

Unitronics is good about feature requests (generally) but they can take some time. 

I hope so.

There's another bug that I've signaled some days ago but had no attention... and that's pretty bad too. Found a dirty fix to it but an official fix would be great. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fotonic said:

There's another bug that I've signaled some days ago but had no attention.

Understand that the forum is not the official Unitroncs support channel - it is manned by volunteer users and sometimes gets visited by Unitronics employees.  I suggest forwarding your bug to support@unitronics.com for an official response.

Joe T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran into a bug that was a show stopper a few years back. Here’s the good news: a fix was released. It took a few weeks, keep in mind (someone correct me if I’m wrong) software fixes come out of Isreal. If anyone gets a fix released in less than a week please let me know how it was done. 

Unitronics is pushing the envelope of what a PLC can (or was ever intended to) do. The competition won’t have the same bugs when they don’t even offer the same features. 

Would you mind sharing what the other bug is? I am planning on developing new applications for several Unistreams this year in a manufacturing facility.

Everyone depends on swift support, these PLC’s control the machines that control our paychecks. Sometimes I’ll find a solution on my own before the forum or support team replies; other times I have to wait it out. I’m not a software hacker so bug fixes have to wait. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

Understand that the forum is not the official Unitroncs support channel - it is manned by volunteer users and sometimes gets visited by Unitronics employees.  I suggest forwarding your bug to support@unitronics.com for an official response.

Joe T.

Thanks for signaling, honestly I did not know that. I'll use the other channel for reports then.

 

4 hours ago, hotwires said:

Would you mind sharing what the other bug is? I am planning on developing new applications for several Unistreams this year in a manufacturing facility.

Sure, just look here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 5:12 AM, hotwires said:

I ran into a bug that was a show stopper a few years back. Here’s the good news: a fix was released. It took a few weeks, keep in mind (someone correct me if I’m wrong) software fixes come out of Isreal. If anyone gets a fix released in less than a week please let me know how it was done. 


heh--@hotwires, I remember that!

And you're right. R&D is in Israel,  my  buddies here stomp  bugs! 

Generally, bug fixes are released along with versions. Service packs are usually to address Windoze versions--they change stuff, we have to update to support it, and we include any fixes that we have made along the way. as far as the timeline--less than a week isn't gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...