Multiple HSC measures and individual control.

Hi guys.

Well I live in Brazil and I do not speak English, in case I'm using google to translate, I ask for your understanding.

I'm using the CLP vision SM70-J-R20.

I'm using an encoder of 800ppr, and the speed of the Z axis shift is 65.5 rpm.

The machine works with two different measures of the same encoder, the first indicates the general positioning that can not be erased, the second reference that is in the manual can be changed and erased by the user, in case the user enters a measurement in the manual the machine should only move the measure you entered.

thanks for the help

15518355500342072727673024723786.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Good evening, sorry for not replying before, my computer was broken and was in maintenance.

Joe T what I would like to use and something like this program I did, but the maximum I got was that, I know there is a more practical and more accurate way. Encoder com 3 Posicionamentos.vlp

Em 07/03/2019 às 02:22, Joe Tauser disse:

Você pode postar seu programa para ver o resto dos detalhes?

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

First, you're doing all your encoder scaling with floating point.  I would recommend doing everything in integers with a virtual decimal - for example 1000 = 10.00.  The Vision series can be difficult to use with floats.  

Can you share the actual scaling you're trying to get ( x pulses = y meters)?

The other program you posted simply compares the encoder value to a bunch of numbers and sets coils when the encoder is in a certain range.  Is this what you're trying to achieve in the end?

Joe T.

23 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

First, you're doing all your encoder scaling with floating point.  I would recommend doing everything in integers with a virtual decimal - for example 1000 = 10.00.  The Vision series can be difficult to use with floats.  

Can you share the actual scaling you're trying to get ( x pulses = y meters)?

The other program you posted simply compares the encoder value to a bunch of numbers and sets coils when the encoder is in a certain range.  Is this what you're trying to achieve in the end?

Joe T.

Yes (x pulses = y measure) ... the program is being developed for a marble cutting machine, the operator enters a desired measurement and the machine executes the positioning.

I already have a part of the program ready, which I did two years ago in vision120-22, I'm stuck because I would like to use 2 measurement references of the same axis, one of positioning the machine and another where the operator types the measurement, the problem is when I turn off MI0 I can not keep another recorder.

The second question you asked is what I'm trying to get but it did not work, it's not necessary, I'd like to try something similar.

39 minutes ago, Joe Tauser said:

Can you just copy the HSC value to two different MLs and operate on them independently?  If you need to reset the operator's value you store the current value of the "master" HSC position and continually subtract it as an offset.

Joe 

I already tried copying from ML0 to ML1, the problem and that when I delete the ML0, the ML1 also goes out, and when I try to delete the ML1 I can not. I read something about it in a post but I did not understand the logic that was explained..

Screenshot_20190328-225331_Chrome.jpg

• MVP 2023

I'm talking about something like this-

image.png.a3268797f501c4aea7a4fe66a1685e30.png

Whenever the machine reaches the position  want the operator to start from you trigger MB 0 to create a reference.  The SUB block ties them together and ML 2 will equal 0.  Then you compare the value of ML2 to something to get your operator cut.

Joe T.

• Upvote 1