v700- stop mode fatal error

• MVP 2023

I've had a quick look at your program, and there is way too much happening in single ladder rungs/nets (however you call them). 

In particular, compile brings up warnings, noting that you are doing what I say above, by changing bit values in a net and reading the value in the same net.  You have numerous direct coils/sets/resets in the same net.  It all might work, but it is a potential problem and ideally needs to be cleaned up a lot.  I'm not saying that this is the issue, but it is possible.  The plc does not always run through a complex ladder rung the way you have it on your screen, and this can cause issues.

If Barry and Joe's suggestions don't help immediately, revisit the portions of your ladder that compile says are issues.  Split them out into extra rungs.  Do the same for any other rung that looks too "cluttered".  This might need a fair bit of work, and a few extra MBs etc, but in the long run will make any work or troubleshooting on the machine far, far easier.

cheers, Aus

• Like 1

• MVP 2023

Just to reiterate what Ausman said, if there was a single piece of advice I could place at the top of the forum in giant flashing red letters it would be:

DO NOT PLACE MULTIPLE LOGIC NETWORKS IN A SINGLE LADDER RUNG!

The whole point of having ladder rungs is to separate out your logic networks.

That said, I did load your program into a V700 I have here in my office, and while I cannot attest to whether your logic is working as you expect it to, it did not create the "Fatal Error" you are seeing. You have a hardware or electrical noise issue causing your problem.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 7:36 AM, Flex727 said:

Just to reiterate what Ausman said, if there was a single piece of advice I could place at the top of the forum in giant flashing red letters it would be:

DO NOT PLACE MULTIPLE LOGIC NETWORKS IN A SINGLE LADDER RUNG!

The whole point of having ladder rungs is to separate out your logic networks.

That said, I did load your program into a V700 I have here in my office, and while I cannot attest to whether your logic is working as you expect it to, it did not create the "Fatal Error" you are seeing. You have a hardware or electrical noise issue causing your problem.

The previous program is the producer. I edited the program, this machine has no VFD, operates with 8 valves (24vdc) attached with diodes. But the machine operates in 2 days, the Stop Plc error arises (ldr 17) . edit 1.vlp

Thanks!!

6be7936c4d93afcdf682.thumb.jpg.c5d4bc59ea6b34f4c9227c996b5acb25.jpg

• MVP 2023

I'm not sure why you posted this topic again since you are getting a lot of responses and help here, but I deleted it.

On 3/26/2019 at 7:36 PM, Flex727 said:

You have a hardware or electrical noise issue causing your problem.

You say there is no VFD, which can be a likely source of electrical noise - that is not to say there isn't a source that you'll need to track down. Electrical noise can really be a pain to troubleshoot, but that is what you're going to have to do. If you think there is no chance this is electrical, then you might want to start swapping out hardware components. You can also remove your PLC from the current environment and let it run for awhile on your office desk. No Fatal error likely means some electrical problem in your panel.

Joe Tauser is probably the best expert on this forum and you haven't provided the schematic he asked for.

While my suggestion about the re-seating of the Snap-In module (I've seen a poorly seated Snap-In module cause this exact fault) may not solve your problem, you don't say whether or not you actually tried it. A photo can't reveal proper seating of the module.

• MVP 2023
6 hours ago, Flex727 said:

you don't say whether or not you actually tried it.

+1.  Do this, and then when reseated also apply strips of some sort of woven cloth adhesive tape (gaffer tape) to the seams to ensure they stay together correctly.

Also, your photos show all the solenoid coil cabling running up next to what looks like a power supply.  Are you sure that all solenoids have clamping?  If so, where is it?  Ideally it is in the coil plug itself.  Anywhere else is just letting the spike into adjacent lines.

With this layout I also ponder 4 things:

1).  The use of the V700 looks to be overkill given the number of I/Os actually in use on the snap-in.

2).  Given all the "inductive" activity going on in the enclosure, I'd be putting a correctly earthed metal screening panel around the plc as neatly as possible.  This isn't hard to do well and be made for ease of access in the future.

3).  Is the door panel earthed correctly, with a flexible cable properly attached?

4).  Is the plc itself properly earthed?  It is a bit hard to see in the photos if this has been done...it looks like it hasn't.

cheers, Aus

• 5 weeks later...

Have the same problem with V570. Has been running ok for about six years.  Replaced today with a new 570 and all is well. 

Got the old one back into my workshop and power up. Black screen. Program is still loaded as I verified before replacing. Coaxed it into boot mode and it was still in stop. Reset PLC and it works again? 

Tried a few power ons and offs and it again went into stop mode. No add on  i/o and this is sitting on my desk.

• MVP 2023
3 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

gremlins living in it.

My brain often has this problem.  The gremlins disturb the train of thought so much that I end up doing 20 other things before I get to the issue I started on in the first place.  But the other 20 were necessary as well, they only showed up because I started on the first thing.  🤯

I'm curious to know if stripping the plc down so that all "connections" are undone and then redone during reassembly will fix this.  If it's in an aggressive environment then perhaps any of the connection types has corroded/worn a little, and a disturbance might fix.

Pls try, and report back if you can.

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023
15 hours ago, Ausman said:

I end up doing 20 other things before I get to the issue I started on in the first place

I have that problem all the time.  It's not gremlins, it's this-

image.jpeg.f44d7798d31193a549e8505a3957ec88.jpeg

When I go into that mode, my friends and employees look at me and go "SQUIRREL!"

@PHONG - Did you get your problem solved?  You never did post a schematic but you did mention you have diodes on the solenoids.  I noticed in your pictures that you have all the output wires bundled with the analog input wires - this is generally bad wiring practice.  I would separate the analog signal wiring out and provide a bit of space between the bundles.

Joe T.