Hello, 

I have this values which am logging into the data table together with date and time stamp.

After writing to the data table, it will then be exported to SD card to be send as an attachment via email.

Can someone help me with an example program of how to trigger the data logging process every day at 6:00 am

and after one hour(7:00 am) trigger the send email function also? 

Thanks

Mikel

• MVP 2023

Look at the Help on Clock and Email and take a swing at it.  Post your program and we can help you.

Note that the Email in Vision series PLCs only works with non-SSL email servers.  These are getting very hard to find in the public domain - for example you can't do it with gmail.  

Joe T.

Thanks  very much Flex, Joe and DanT,

The clock function in the utilities drop down menu helped but my data table which an sending as an attachment via email

goes as a dat. file and could not be opened on smartphones etc. That's not a big issue anyway.

I read to remotely access/operate the plc (download programs) the plc needs to be assigned a static IP address.

I have made a request to my ISP to acquire a static IP. whiles waiting for that, I would like to know how to go about the process 

to communicate with my plc over the internet once I get the static IP. 

Couldn't find any webinar on this topic.

Mikel.

• MVP 2023
6 hours ago, Mikel said:

I read to remotely access/operate the plc (download programs) the plc needs to be assigned a static IP address.

I have made a request to my ISP to acquire a static IP. whiles waiting for that, I would like to know how to go about the process 

to communicate with my plc over the internet once I get the static IP. 

Couldn't find any webinar on this topic.

There is no webinar on this topic because it is outside the scope of what Unitronics should be expected to cover.  You have to have IT skills to do this.  This is why IoT drives me crazy, as you have to really know what you're doing to make it work and the implication from vendors is it's plug and play.  

The short version is you need a static IP of the site where the PLC is installed.  This IP should be that of router connected to the Internet.

Then you set up the Network Address Translation (NAT) table inside the router to point the ports Unitronics is looking for (usually 20256) at the local IP of the PLC.

Look at the specific Help on your router on how to do this.

Joe T.