Drop down list

Mirian

Hello

I need to build an application in UniLogic  like the screen shot attached.

In the upper left corner i have a text box for description, and then 23 numeric box . and i have a button to write row to DTI. Then below the brown horizontal line i have a text box for entering a specific description than correspond to a specific row number.

I can find the row number and then read the row from DTI.  So a can modify the row  and then write the new value to the same row, or i can remove row from DTI. I need that the text box below the brown line to be a drop down list so the operator don't have to write the description (because it may be writing with mistakes) but only select it.

I am not finding any solution. Can any one please show me the way to do this?

Thank you

• MVP 2023

UniLogic does not have a drop-down list object.  The other list tools are static - you can only load fixed texts and display them.  Unfortunately, this isn't like VB where you can operate on visual elements from within the code.

So you'll have to go old school on this one and populate the text box you've drawn with an external pointer referring to a row in the data table containing the description and some up and down arrows to move the pointer.

Joe T.

Well,

UniLogic 1.26 will support Combo Box items that comes from a csv file, so it is not that "static" anymore. The combo box still returns the selected index, so you would have to have some kind of a lookup table to get the text from the index.

The csv file is read when the screen loads, so you have to make sure that the csv contains all the texts that you want before the screen loads.

Which tool, the dynamic combo box?

If so, then it is already in 1.26.90, which was released yesterday. The version changes do not talk about it, but if you take a combo box, then you can change the location to "Indirect" and then the path property appears in the property grid.

It is a path to a file where the options are separated by line-break, f.e:

option1

option2

option3

Hello Saragani

I downloaded the new version. I am missing  something with this new dynamic combo box. And the updated help file have the old information.

When I write a tag to the path parameter it became red an say , parameter must be a constant value.

When i put a constant value it say, parameter can not be linked to a constant value.

Just to be clear, can this new dynamic combo box load  DTI column values?

I did not understand it well. Can you give me more details how to use this dynamic tool?

Thank you

Yes, indeed the help file does not cover this new feature. The dynamic combo box can only be linked to a csv file, but if you create a csv file from your DTI Column (requires iterating the table, and using append buffer to file), then you can load it to the combo box.

Put a const (not a const tag), for example: #"data.csv"

I can not found a tool to make a csv file from a specific column. there is one to store the DTI but it store all DTI.

i try with a DTI with one column but it do not work.

Please can you make me a step to step rung how to load a specific column to dynamic combo box

Thank you