How to convert programs developed in 9.8.79 to 9.8.65 ?

Hi

we have been using visilogic 9.8.65 for long time . 

Recently we downloaded 9.8.79 beta version and developed many programs and downloaded in many projects.

Now we want to go with only 9.8.65 not 9.8.79 . Is there any option to convert those programs developed in 9.8.79 to 9.8.65 ?

Thanks 

Regards

xxxxxxx.Y

• MVP 2023

Forum members have long wanted to find out how  <<  support@unitronics.com  >> does this!

If you are unable to send them your programs, you could consider using the ability to export/import subroutines to rewrite your programs into .65 more easily.  Found under Project.  A little bit of subroutine fiddling in the .79 version can pay big dividends to getting everything across more easily.

Others may have better ideas.

cheers, Aus

• 3 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023

Some further info that might be of use to everyone.  This method works on my W7_64 Pro system, but I don't know about other types or setups. 

I'm still sitting on 8.65 for the time being.  I recently did some experimenting and noticed, as expected, that anything done on a later version won't open properly on file double click.  Clicking ok on the "I'm not going to run" advice box closes things but doesn't really....you have to shut the process down via task manager.  But once you've done that, double click opening the same file again brings up the "Visi not shut down properly" message box, and if I then select OK it gives me the "new project with old software, so we will open a new project" message.  Click OK and lo and behold, instead of a new project, up comes the user program done on the latest version, but displaying in 8.65.  This method might miss some subtle difference due to ongoing "capability upgrades" but it works well enough for what I need, which is viewing programs posted by forum members.  I haven't actually tried this on an earlier version of Visi to see whether the same principle applies.....too scared I'll stuff something crucial up!  Someone with a bit of time on their hands can give it a go.

Hopefully this info might help someone out.  Going backwards is sometimes an essential thing to do.

cheers, Aus

• 10 months later...
  • MVP 2023
On 5/19/2019 at 7:28 PM, Ausman said:

I haven't actually tried this on an earlier version of Visi to see whether the same principle applies.....too scared I'll stuff something crucial up!

@Ausman, here is what I do. I have many installed versions of VisiLogic (13 at last count and I haven't yet installed 9.8.90) that I use regularly via Version Swapper. Occasionally one of the installations will get hosed up for whatever reason. I have started to keep an extra copy of each installation on a backup drive. That means copy the entire contents of each VisiLogic folder as it exists in the "Program Files (x86) / Unitronics" folder. You can easily restore any hosed up installation by copying the good backup over the hosed up version and you're back in business in a matter of seconds. Disk space is cheap and having a backup of your VisiLogic installation saves a lot of time in the event of a problem.