Has anyone come up with a way to set a Vision PLC clock from the internet? I have a V1210 connected to the Internet and I'd like to keep the clock reasonably accurate. I can go online with it at any time and set it from my PC through VisiLogic, but I need to find a way to automate the process to keep it accurate.

I seem to remember that the Visions have a FB for a NTP server. RCF is the block you want I think.

I did a few, but they work on local NTP server. I guess logic is the same for server on the internet.

You need an UDP socket on port 123 for RFC-1305 function. You can try building it from the example program, if I recall correctly program from the example worked when I tried it out. Also you need to have a logic for daylight savings time.RFC.thumb.PNG.bc1becd83f201fbeffbb715a3ad4b154.PNG 

I attached a snip because rest of subroutine is a mess because I needed to switch a socket to UDP for time update and then back to TCP and that's a lot of gymnastics. If something goes wrong RFC returns 0 and resets the date so that's why there are Lower and Upper limits.