I have been playing around with this for a little while.  Just write the touch MB on your start button at the master directly to the positive transition contact on the other screen. It actually works quite well. No timers or anything intermediary needed. I don't know if it would work that well over long distances but the touch property holds high long enough for a positive transition on the other side. 

Master1.vlp Slave1.vlp

• MVP 2023
16 hours ago, dhuggins88 said:
16 hours ago, Flex727 said:

Me too. Their input is the best on this forum.

Yours ain't too shabby either, Flex! I have noticed that you like to have more of a bread crumb approach..but all you gotta do is follow em!

Flex didn't need any help.

You are both too kind.  I'm having a hard, annoying week, so I try to stay away!   😠

cheers, Aus

17 hours ago, dhuggins88 said:

I have been playing around with this for a little while.  Just write the touch MB on your start button at the master directly to the positive transition contact on the other screen. It actually works quite well. No timers or anything intermediary needed. I don't know if it would work that well over long distances but the touch property holds high long enough for a positive transition on the other side. 

Master1.vlp 255.99 kB · 0 downloads Slave1.vlp 236.7 kB · 0 downloads

Scratch that it doesn't work very well....

• MVP 2023
On 8/12/2019 at 1:40 PM, Flex727 said:

I've been meaning to ask you, Joe. Do you have a preferred cigar brand?

I do have a couple of preferred brands, but I can't always remember their names as I am not a true cigar aficionado.  I just know where they are at the store and what the labels look like.  Punch Gran Puro comes to mind.  Considering a nice stick costs $7 - $10 each, I don't buy them often.  My go-to is JR Cigars JR Alternative Rocky Patel Edge Toro Maduro, which cost $45 for a bundle of 20.  So the daily cost is similar to a pack of cigarettes.  In Missouri, not New York.

@dhuggins88 - I think you're using 9.8.80 as I had a hard time opening your files - I haven't migrated to this version yet.  Visilogic does not go backwards in versions well, and I have a ton of stuff done in 9.8.65.  I'll have to put 9.8.80 on something so I can do forum work.  

It did let me view the file after much dialog box complaining about database versions and your code is simple and straightforward.  And it's working.  This is good.

When you go to add several slaves I'd put one of my state machines in place, where you use a pointer and equal blocks to step through your calls to different units.

Joe T.