HMI Freezing

Cam

Has any one had a HMI freeze continuously?  There are 4 screens in the HMI it doesn’t matter which screen is loaded the HMI will freeze after an undetermined time(sometime 2 hours some times within minutes) doesn’t seem to matter if the HMI is being utilized or left untouched. The PLC logic still executes as the IO all functions and the process still works but as stated the HMI will freeze and not update.  The only way to get the screen to respond is to unplug it and plug it back in.

This has been replicated on another unit and separate CPU.

Once the display freezes:

-UniApps cannot be accessed

-Downloading a new program doesn’t work(UniLogic will complete the download process but the update doesn’t take)

-UniStream management will not reboot the PLC(command executes but the PLC doesn’t reboot)

-Online mode will connect and display values at the time the HMI froze but those values will not update(even though the logic still executes)

-All Modbus communications still function( the unit is connected to KepServer and the I/O is a URB

I already have an open ticket with support(they suggested rolling back one version which requires me to re-wire my IO due to the URB IO power module bug which the newest version corrected) and am  just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has a suggestion so I can avoid  this.

The program is written in 1.28.26

Any suggestions are welcome.

APSHOW10102019-A.ulpr

• MVP 2023

Cam, I only talk in Vision Land, but I have had similar circumstances.  I've never been able to pinpoint it exactly, but it is something to do with the unit being physically accessed at the same time as being remotely accessed.  In my case it locks up on whatever screen is in use.  Everything the plc is doing still works, but it is simply locked onto the one screen and can only be reset through a power-off.  I'd have a look at this sort of sequence and see if it is the culprit. I used to use remote access to manually test things on a site, whilst also at times interacting with the display itself.  I don't do that anymore!  One or the other.

cheers, Aus