V700 Password struggle

Hello everyone, i found some similar topics about passwords but they did not help me, so i decided to start this one.

What i'm trying to do is make multiple access levels. So i need 17 passwords, first i was trying to make legal entries as vector of DW operands, but it seems that it works only for one operand which sits in DW20. Here is screenshot.

Password.png.799c5ad5a8541c38cae33a5db0098e3a.png

(Yes, i linked MB13 to legal entry, not on this screenshot, but in project)

After that i was trying to link it to data table, but it did not work  for me

Password_2.png.1086ad85ece4dbf0c99618359f495809.png

Password_3.png.a19c99dfdf1b9dc47c87fd2df1fb951f.png

In data tables there are no IDs, just passwords, so there is only one column.

So, basically, my goal is to press on Variable: Password button, enter some numbers and i was trying to get 2 results:

1. It will find it in data table, get the row number and i will compare it with one of my constants to get the proper access level or other option, or

2. Input password will compare the vector of password DW20-DW36 with some DW20/21/22... to get proper access level or other option.

Sorry, that is my first project and i think that is kinda similar question, but still got some trouble with it.

If you need, i can link my project, but the problem is that it's all in russian language, so you probably won't understand anything in it and also i'm almost non-stop changing some stuff trying to figure out passwords logic.

And sorry for bad english, it's not my native language.

Thank for help

Well, somehow i made it work with Variable: Numeric, loading some numeric value, comparing it with data table value, getting row number and then comparing it with some constant 

But anyway, for my future projects - is that possible to make similar thing with Variable: Password?

• MVP 2023
On 12/4/2019 at 1:41 AM, Pavel M said:

Well, somehow i made it work with Variable: Numeric, loading some numeric value, comparing it with data table value, getting row number and then comparing it with some constant 

But anyway, for my future projects - is that possible to make similar thing with Variable: Password?

This is exactly what I had to do with Visilogic in an application that had multiple users with a couple of different access levels.  As you've figured out, it wasn't the easiest thing in the world. 

UniStream addresses this with User Access Control that has 16 levels, 16 groups and 128 users.  If this is really important to your project you may need to switch platforms.  If you haven't already downloaded UniLogic I'd recommend doing so and having a look.

Joe T.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2019 at 9:43 AM, Joe Tauser said:

This is exactly what I had to do with Visilogic in an application that had multiple users with a couple of different access levels.  As you've figured out, it wasn't the easiest thing in the world. 

UniStream addresses this with User Access Control that has 16 levels, 16 groups and 128 users.  If this is really important to your project you may need to switch platforms.  If you haven't already downloaded UniLogic I'd recommend doing so and having a look.

Joe T.

Thanks for reply. I was not involved in choosing platform, my directors were, but V700 seems fine to handle our task.

Probably in future they'll make a decision to change to UniStream. I haven't download UniLogic yet, because i'm not familiar with ladder logic at all and haven't got almost any experience in it, but i'll probably download it later and check this program product also just for myself.

Pavel M.