Hi there im trying to control a ABB ACS355 with Fena-01 adapter using modbus. i think i have a problem with the addressing. in the VFD i have all the parameters set and im abble to controll the vfd  with modbus poll. in register 1 i first send 1150 (also stop command) to set the vfd in ready mode after that im able to start the drive with 1151 (start command).  in the attachment ill uploaded my project. can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance

Gert

image.thumb.png.33a2ba46e4cc08b4f0050a6203a272fa.png

ABB VFD.vlp

Don't you need to CONNECT to the slave before you can exchange data?

Also, don't forget that Unitronics addressing starts at zero while MODBUS addressing starts at 1.  Be sure to account for the "off by one".

And you should change MB 1 & MB 2 in rungs 2 & 3 to positive transition contacts instead of direct contacts.

Thanks for your reply butt i still cant get it to work.

ill changed MB 1 en MB 2 in to 2 positive transition contacts and placed a rung between 1 and 2 and placed Modbus  scan_EX functionblock.

And i Also changed MI2 in rung 4 into MI3. 

ABB VFD.vlp

There are example programs that came with your VisiLogic installation. I strongly recommend that you take a look at the one for MODBUS TCP Master. Look in Examples/Version 900/Project Examples/Communications/Ethernet/Ethernet MODBUS IP/V280_Ethernet_TCP_MODBUS_IP_Master.vlp

Your program still doesn't have a CONNECT function and you definitely do NOT want the SCAN EX FB. Also, what are you trying to do in Rung 6? You are attempting to communicate on every scan, and while that may be possible depending on the device you're trying to communicate with, your other communication functions will not work with that.

I made some  changes to the programm but i'm stil not able to write to the vfd. also tried to set and reset request to send in rung 3, 4 and 5. I also tried to change the addresses  to 40000 and 40001 (according to the ABB manual and off by one) in rung 5 (previous rung 6) i try to write the speed for the VFD.

thanks for the tip according to the examples.

ABB VFD.vlp

Hey i wanna thank you Flex727 and Ausman i finally got it to work. i digged a little in the Forum and found some other code from Ofir  and i'd putt it all together and gotit to work.

ill post my code for anyone who is struggling with this kind off problem.

ABB VFD.vlp

• Like 1