Homebrewing Beer with (Vision 130 ) Now V700!

Hi Everyone

I thought I would add my latest Unitronics project to the list here.

I am using a V130 with expanded IO to control a home brewing system. It controls all valves depending on process step, pumps, burners, PID temp control, etc.

The V130 (and Visilogic) is awesome.

Will be further automating the system as I learn more about data-tables, trending, and a ton of other items.

It's a work in progress so stay tuned.

Thanks!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I know how much there is to learn and am opening a Nano brewery in Alabama and am using a v120 for my plc. I was wondering if you already knew about ladder logic before you started this project or if you learned it as you went? I have been playing with mine for about a month, but I have no training whatsoever and it is frustrating to say the least. if possible, would love to here how you went about it and I may even need your help if you wouldnt mind sharing what you have learned.

Thanks, Derrell

Chattahoochee Brewing Co., LLC

Hi Everyone

I thought I would add my latest Unitronics project to the list here.

I am using a V130 with expanded IO to control a home brewing system. It controls all valves depending on process step, pumps, burners, PID temp control, etc.

The V130 (and Visilogic) is awesome.

Will be further automating the system as I learn more about data-tables, trending, and a ton of other items.

You can see pics of the build here:

http://webpages.charter.net/wscovell/

It's a work in progress so stay tuned.

Thanks!

Bill

Bill I was wondering if you might be able to share your programs with me I am looking it to starting a little home brew set up and would love any info you could give..

Thank Bob

• 2 months later...

I know how much there is to learn and am opening a Nano brewery in Alabama and am using a v120 for my plc. I was wondering if you already knew about ladder logic before you started this project or if you learned it as you went? I have been playing with mine for about a month, but I have no training whatsoever and it is frustrating to say the least. if possible, would love to here how you went about it and I may even need your help if you wouldnt mind sharing what you have learned.

Thanks, Derrell

Chattahoochee Brewing Co., LLC

Hi Darrell,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Holly Dillon and I'm the Regional Marketing Manager for Unitronics, Inc. in the US. As you may be aware, we do have various webinars available for viewing on our website (http://www.unitronic...x?page=webinars). We also training seminars that take place around the nation. At the moment the only seminar for beginners will be held in Boston (11/30-12/2). If you would like to be added to our newsletter to be notified of future trainings, please let me know. Some of the cities slated for 2012 trainings include: Anaheim, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Ft. Worth, TX; Tampa, FL; Boston, MA; Pittsburgh, PA; Chicago, IL. I hope you find this information helpful and please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Best regards,

Holly Dillon

617-657-6596 x7906

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Well, here it is four years later. 

So I am now working setting up my home brewery with a V290. I am adding several new sensors, mostly flow sensors to meter out HL water, and to balance sparge flow vs lauter flow. I am now using the drum sequencer function block to automate the individual process steps, mash rake, and hop addition alerts.Will be using an additional PID loop to control a proportional valve for lauter/sparge balance.

Will use another PID loop with proportional valve for chill water flow to regulate chilled output temp to fermenter.

I will get some pics of the system up here when I can get a chance.

The original system has been working great, now I just want to go to the next level in automating the process. I am also working on a large screen HMI to show the entire process and status using Advanced HMI.

I hope to upgrade to something like the V700, or at least the V430 when funds permit.

That's all for now!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Fahrphrompuken changed the title to Homebrewing Beer with (Vision 130 ) Now V700!
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/1/2020 at 8:47 AM, Owentp said:

Is it possible to build a PLC to control both your brewing system & fermentation/cellaring with just one unit?

Yes it is.  It's just a matter of adding additional I/O and then programming the additional logic. You might also consider using the Remote operator, or web based HMI depending on the hardware (Unistream, or Vision).