How do I add a second screen?

I have a project that runs on a V1210. The control cabinet is on the first floor. The machine has a second floor platform 8' high. The operator can't see and touch the screen from the platform. I was wondering if I could use another V1210 on the second floor as a slave screen so they could see/control everything from there also. I have an extra screen that I could use. The operator has a clear view from there to the whole machine so there is no danger doing this. There are no moving parts outside of the machine anyway. Thanks in advance. 

• MVP 2023

You can, but the second V1210 will have to have a totally different program as it will basically be a Modbus slave to the first.  You'll also have to modify the first program if you want to start and stop things with bits.  This is not exactly a trivial exercise.

It would be easier to put a PC with a touch monitor on the platform and run Remote Operator.

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

Tozo, yes, it is fairly easy and also allows you to do what you've done with TViewer. 

It is worth remembering that if you have anything in your program that uses long button pushes, as in hold the key for a set time, they don't work on Remote Access/Operator.  Such things don't register properly, whereas things like Info mode bang straight in.  There are quirks in this method that can impact operation...not often, but sometimes important.

cheers, Aus

Thank you.  The 2in1 touchscreen laptop I've got has one annoying issue. It seems like a fairly common problem. If I use a mouse or the touchpad I can use single click to set MBs. In tablet mode it requires a double tap. Can't seem to find a solution for it. It's like they don't wan accidental touch/click so the first is for positioning and the second is the actual click.