I have all lights lit up as if they are all on. I wired it PNP.  If I remove the 0V they all go off and I put +24 into an input they all are at state 1 not just the input I energized.  If I have the 0V in all the lights are lit and every input is at state 1.  If I energize and input have go to state 0 the other half stays at 1.  

3C651B64-5DDA-49F5-8A2E-4B3D41D3EB2B.jpeg

9C5F505E-C692-42E1-9CA7-A10212FB255D.jpeg

• MVP 2023

Hi,

1)Please check HW-config in Visilogic

2) From manual ---- Connecting RG Pins. For correct operation of digital and analog inputs and for EMIimmunity, connect the RG pin of all the expansion modules containing RG signals to the adapter module 0V signal. The overall length of the wire connecting the RG pins to the adapter 0V signal must be less than 3 meters. Connect the RG pins inseries (daisy chain). To facilitate this, use both the RG pins.

3) From manual----Do not connect the neutral or line signal of the 110/220VAC to the device’s 0V pin.

4) Use another power supply.

If no success - please build only one module configuration with EX-A2X and check module separately on table.

Here is what fixed it for future reference

As I woke up at 3 am, I saw that @kratmel emailed me a check list. #4 on his list said power supply. I dismissed that one because I switched them out earlier that day to test that. The more I laid there, I figured there had to be something to that or he would not have wrote it.  Then it hit me, I added to more solenoids and two relays to the panel, and I had a 1.5 amp power supply.  I came in this morning and tossed a 5.0 amp power supply in it. BOOM! not only did that fix my input issue is also fixed my wildly floating sensor readings. 

Future reference to all. Is your power supply large enough. You may have  done a spreadsheet, like I do that says yes, but go BIG or go home.

Thanks Kratmel, you put me on the right track.

ps. thanks @Cam I have been there switching pins in the past, that normally fixes issues.

• MVP 2023

Visco (and Kratmel?) it would be intriguing to know the complete reason for this behaviour.  It almost seems like the supply was cycling on it's overload system very rapidly.  ?? 

Visco, can you drop some connections with a smaller supply in place and see if your sensor readings become stable with far less draw on the supply than before?

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023

I came across a power supply which, with a slight overload, switched to current limiting mode and reduced the voltage accordingly.
This led to unstable operation of all consumers with microcontrollers on board.

It is also possible pulsation that constantly restarts the unit.
However, I cannot predict what caused this case.

When the issue fist happened it was when I started using the IO that I had installed at the beginning for later expansion.  My first thought was the power supply so I switched it out, this made no change.  When I woke up at 2:30 am and saw the message from Kratmel who said power supply again, I started to think about it more. I remembered that I added 2 relays and 4 solenoids. Then I knew; I maxed out the power supply.  Pulling the 1.5 that was in it and putting in a 5 amp not only solved that problem but it also solved all the issues I was having with my 4-20mA sensors that had intermittent wild fluctuations.  Looking back, the heaters were not always on. When they were, those were contactors pulling higher currents so my sensors were starved. I never placed all these issues together to blame the undersized power supply.

• MVP 2023

Hmmm.....more justification for Joe T's constant advice to get a simple scope for checking things?  It would have likely picked up the differences that a digital meter possibly missed.  All depends on the meter's specs and useful settings.

I also have an older fully analogue meter that has proven invaluable and dead accurate over the 35 years of well looked after use.  And it doesn't use batteries! 

Related aside.....has anyone else ever laughed at how progress has made things more complex? Instead of me having a car radio that gets the signal direct from a transmitter, I now have to have my phone on, using mobile internet to receive a favourite "radio station".  The phone then uses bluetooth to connect to the car system that processes the signal from the phone and gets it to the speakers.  😖  

That's such excellent progress, isn't it?!!  In the overall scheme of things how much "total" energy is wasted by this method?  The list is endless.

cheers, Aus

• Like 1

• MVP 2023

My electrical engineering teacher said:
1) Do not believe your eyes - take a measuring device and measure.
2) Only the wire connected to the tested ground has no dangerous voltage.
3) The device will always protect the fuse to which it is connected.

The list goes on, but the first point is probably related to this topic.