Visilogic application error on starting, will not run

• MVP 2023

Please check process via Ctrl Alt Del  - sometimes visilogic present in process or application but not present on screen.

It is not possible to start another one while "hidden" copy is active.

For run different versions you must use Version Swapper. It is not possible to run another version if present is registered.

Best way - uninstall all version, clean registry and install all needed via Version swapper.

I use Visi on XP SP2 and Win 7 on notebook,  and   XP SP3,  Win 7, W10 on PC starterd from different hard drive.

Only one problem found - when try to open new version project on old  Visilogic.  

Then i put version number into project name....  

• MVP 2023

Being XP, did you do the install using Right click, Run as Admin?  This is a must.  If  not, do a complete uninstall using something like Revo portable.

Further to Kratmel's points, you can run multiple instances of the same version, but you need Version Swapper to run multiple versions.

As an aside, I have never tried, but I would think that with Swapper in use, multiple instances of the loaded version could be done, if appropriate copies were in place.  I know Flex has a large range of versions under Swapper, so maybe he could try this on one version just to see?

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023
39 minutes ago, Ausman said:

As an aside, I have never tried, but I would think that with Swapper in use, multiple instances of the loaded version could be done, if appropriate copies were in place.  I know Flex has a large range of versions under Swapper, so maybe he could try this on one version just to see?

Yes, I do this all the time.