Analog input modul IO-AI8, range

Hi all.

I have this module, and in HW configuration foa analog inputs is set 4-20mA, jumpers on module are put on B.

What is the analog input range for rhe PLC 0-16384 or 3277-16383 or something 3rd?!

I'm not sure from the manual what is the range.

Plc is V130 with expansion module IO-AI8.

Thanks in advance

• MVP 2023

In Normal Mode, it has 14-bit resolution, so the 4-20mA range is 3277-16383. In Fast Mode, it has 12-bit resolution, so the 4-20mA range is 819-4095.

All the technical specs for the Unitronics PLCs and I/O modules are readily available on the Unitronics website.

19 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

In Normal Mode, it has 14-bit resolution, so the 4-20mA range is 3277-16383. In Fast Mode, it has 12-bit resolution, so the 4-20mA range is 819-4095.

All the technical specs for the Unitronics PLCs and I/O modules are readily available on the Unitronics website.

Thanks a lot.

I use normal mode. So if I put in HW configuratio 4-20mA analog input minimum is 3277, and maximum is 16383.

I was little bit confused, because on Siemens if you put 4mA in HW config, minimum raw value is 0. But here it is 3277.  Right?

And what about out of ranges, I read it was -1 or 16384 or 32767?!

Thanks a lot.

4 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

Yes, you are correct. I've also found it a bit confusing at times as some of the Unitronics modules give the full range for 4-20mA (like the Siemens you describe). But the IO-AI8 definitely shows a value of 3277 at 4mA in Normal Mode.

Thanks a lot.

And what about out of ranges values?!