V570 Screen goes Black

I have a V570 PLC, currently at a customer location. The screen goes black unexpectedly and for no apparent reason. It does this after it's been on for a while. I've setup and configured dozens of Unitronics PLCs, several of this exact configuration/programming. This is the first time this has happened. My first thought is that the PLC needs to be replaced. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Mike,

I want to investigate this problem deeper.

Can yo ugive me more info:

S/N of the controller?

OS within the contgroller? BinLib and Boot versions?

When the display is going black - what happens with the congtroller itself?

Can you check the value of SI9? Especially when the display is black?

How often it's going black?

How you return it to life?

My customer is shipping the unit back to me. As soon as I receive it, I'll be able to get more detailed info. To answer some of the questions and give an update:

When the problem first appeared, when it goes black, the PLC seemed to operate normally until the very last process. The screen would go black sporadically during the process, was not consistent with any particular event. As time went on, it went black more frequently. To return it to life, we had to switch off/on power to the unit. However I was just informed that the PLC is no longer working. Instead of troubleshooting, we are purchasing a replacement (this unit was purchased over 3 years ago), as it's a time-sensitive issue and can't hold up production. As I've mentioned, it's the first time one has failed like this.

Hi Mike,

I want to investigate this problem deeper.

Can yo ugive me more info:

S/N of the controller?

OS within the contgroller? BinLib and Boot versions?

When the display is going black - what happens with the congtroller itself?

Can you check the value of SI9? Especially when the display is black?

How often it's going black?

How you return it to life?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
  • MVP 2023

Pull the Snap-In module off and re-seat it. I've seen this problem occur when there is poor contact between the PLC and the Snap-In I/O. If you have an environment with some vibration, place some tape around the interface between the PLC and Snap-In module to help it maintain contact.

You have to wonder, since the creators put screw bosses on the PLC, why are there no screw holes in the snap I/O module?

I run into vibration issues on these and finally made me a little drill template for holes on the snap, then screw it down....

maybe voids the warranty, but it keeps me running.......

JohnR

• 5 years later...

I just have find solution for this situation above.  The problem is in PCB under the main board. This PCB has connection to LED backlight. There some Elko capacitors from 150uF and 470uF. They all need to changed. Then you need to test the mosfet transistor TL6016LS (its soic 8 package .-4 pcs). If they are correct than you need to change the Lm2903 (soic 8) and buck converter LM6542 (soic 28). Everything works fine after that.. Best regards