I am new to Unitronics, and I was given a development project to apply a Vision 290 Color for a process control application.

I spent about a week creating the data structures and coding the basic operational control, and am now developing the HMI screens.

Everything worked fine until yesterday. Now, whenever I try to go to properties on any numeric field the software locks up. I can try double-clicking the field or right-click and selecting properties, but it always hangs up. The only way out is to open task manager and force Visilogic to shut down. The program will not respond to any clicks at all.

I uninstalled V8.6.1 and reinstalled with V8.6.2, but the problem persists.

Thinking my application file had become corrupted, I opened my backup copy, but it does the same thing.

I created a new application, opened up the HMI editor and attempted to add a numeric field, which it inserts on the screen, but when I try to double click, the program hangs.

Anyone have any ideas of what might have happened to cause this?

Hello,

Which windows version are you using? (XP, VISTA, 7…)

Try to perform a proper reinstall VisiLogic as the instruction below.

If it didn't helps, please sent the application to support@unitronics.com for examination.

For XP Please do the following:

• Backup your application files.
  • Uninstall VisiLogic.
  • Erase the “unitronics” folder from- C:\Program Files
  • Erase the “unitronics” folder from- C:\Program Files\Common Files.
  • Install VisiLogic again.

For Vista please do the following:

• Backup your application files.
  • Uninstall VisiLogic.
  • Erase the “unitronics” folder from- C:\Program Files
  • Erase the “unitronics” folder from- C:\Program Files\Common Files.
  • In addition deleted the following directory that has been created by Vista.(first in folder option- view, enable show hidden file and folder)
  • C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Unitronics\Unitronics VisiLogic_C ( please replace “XXX” with your user name)
  • Install VisiLogic again.

Please let us know if it helped.

Thank you for your quick response.

I'm using XP Pro. I uninstalled again, only this time I deleted the Unitronics folders that were left behind after the uninstall.

After reinstalling Visilogic again the problem seems to be resolved.

I am curious what action caused the problem so I can avoid in the future. Is this a known issue?

Hi, have you recently worked with a dual monitor?

The program itself doesn't actually hang, the operands (MB, MI, consts etc) window probably opens outside your screen. Since it is a modal window, you cannot click anywhere else.

Visilogic remembers the X and Y of the window from the last time it was opened so this is why it opens in a weird location that you cannot see.

Anyway, you can solve this problem without reinstalling Visilogic. There is a file called OPLC.INI

Somewhere inside this file the position of that window is saved. Next time ask the support to help you with the INI file :-)

Send from my i'maMarriedManPhone