Can I upload images to the PLC while it is running?

The images that this element is using are not located on the external SD, so you can't, and once the image was loaded by the Screen, it's cached in memory.

There is another option you can use: FTP Image.

You need to use RAM FTP server, and you link it to the element, and you can upload images to the external SD, and then change the Image file name (it's a string tag) to the new image file name

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Saragani said:

The images that this element is using are not located on the external SD, so you can't, and once the image was loaded by the Screen, it's cached in memory.

There is another option you can use: FTP Image.

You need to use RAM FTP server, and you link it to the element, and you can upload images to the external SD, and then change the Image file name (it's a string tag) to the new image file name

Would I have to upload empty images with a specific name, and then upload them via FTP with the same name so they can be replaced? I am using a V350 with visilogic 

• MVP 2023

In most cases, if nothing else is changed except the addition of images for the List of Images by Pointer, it is possible to download the updated VisiLogic file to the PLC without stopping or rebooting the PLC.

However, be cautious. Things can go wrong anytime you download a program update to a PLC and if it is running a mission critical application, you might want to think through the ramifications carefully in the event the PLC must be stopped for some reason.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

If instead you are asking if there is some way to download images without VisiLogic, the answer is no.

I understand. there is some method like the one mentioned by Saragani, but for Visilogic. where the images are replaced, by FTP or some other method,