Alarms and Unilogic

shargy

Hi all,

I'm impressed with Unilogic and its concepts. I'm learning how to use this software because in few days i have to start my first project with Unistream PLC.

So far I have not figured out how to define new alarm and how to display it on HMI so please give me guidelines how to do that.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi :-)

Currently, UniLogic does not offer a built-in alarms utility. It is on our features list and will be added to Unilogic in the future.

Attached to this post is an alarms demo application which uses the Event UDFB to act as an alarms utility. You can add it to your application and edit it according to your needs.

Alarms_Example.ulpr

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Good Morning

I am about to steal this alarms utility, thanks for posting

I do have a couple questions though

How do I set the Alarm names, (Names that are displayed when the active alarm or the alarm history is changed)?

I am presuming I have to go into both data tables and edit both of them?

or is there a simpler way?

I have just taken delivery of my first Unistream PLC, look out everyone, dumb questions to follow

Thanks

Good Morning

I am about to steal this alarms utility, thanks for posting

I do have a couple questions though

How do I set the Alarm names, (Names that are displayed when the active alarm or the alarm history is changed)?

I am presuming I have to go into both data tables and edit both of them?

or is there a simpler way?

I have just taken delivery of my first Unistream PLC, look out everyone, dumb questions to follow

Thanks

Hi Dave,

There is another data table named Alarm details(if i'm not mistaken) - you should fill all the details there once only. The application takes the relevant information from there and populate the other data tables accordingly.

There are atleast two little bugs with this that I noticed.

1) You can't reset the first alarm. You have to go to the Alarm history page first and then you will be able to reset. After that it works as expected.

2) For some reason alarm detail #11 is ignored.

I didn't have time to look at it myself, just thought I should mention.

• 1 month later...

Any progress on Unilogic Alarm Utility?  My head is spinning trying to work with the events UDFB. I like how Visilogic would log the acknowledgement time in history. I had Visilogic configured for no reset required but acknowledgement was required to ensure the operator would see an alarm occurred. When an alarm occurred it would load my alarm screen and the button to get out of the alarm screen was hidden until acknowledgement was made.

Any progress on Unilogic Alarm Utility?  My head is spinning trying to work with the events UDFB. I like how Visilogic would log the acknowledgement time in history. I had Visilogic configured for no reset required but acknowledgement was required to ensure the operator would see an alarm occurred. When an alarm occurred it would load my alarm screen and the button to get out of the alarm screen was hidden until acknowledgement was made.

Unfortunately, the Unilogic Alarm Utility is not yet to be released.

Until such a utility will be available, you can use the Alarms example I shared above instead of using the Events UDFB. It does not contain a logging of ACK time but it is still quite useful.

• 5 weeks later...

I've downloaded the example program "Alarms_Example_1_4_14.ulpr   1.9MB"

The Alarm name and the Details do not fill in... they are blank.

Also I am unable to acknowledge or reset any of the alarms.

These Alarm and History pages are holding up completion of the project.

I need a working example of alarm and history page. 

From there I should be able to save to my library and import into my own application.

I talked the end user into using the Unitronics product and now they are talking about removing and replacing with an Allen Bradley. 

I am just shocked that a HMI product was released with out an Alarm and History page pre-built or at least a working example for both sizes of the displays available.

Very disappointed long time user of Unitronics.

I've downloaded the example program "Alarms_Example_1_4_14.ulpr   1.9MB"

The Alarm name and the Details do not fill in... they are blank.

Also I am unable to acknowledge or reset any of the alarms.

These Alarm and History pages are holding up completion of the project.

I need a working example of alarm and history page. 

From there I should be able to save to my library and import into my own application.

I talked the end user into using the Unitronics product and now they are talking about removing and replacing with an Allen Bradley. 

I am just shocked that a HMI product was released with out an Alarm and History page pre-built or at least a working example for both sizes of the displays available.

Very disappointed long time user of Unitronics.

You need to fill the Tables as Eyal explained. With a free software I think is normal you develop the program after the hardware is ready. I worked with Unitronics hardware since 2001 and Alarms wasn´t there at those days. Eyal example is a very nice looking and basic working alarm example. If you need something with more futures, then you are going to need to do it yourself or wait till new version with that future.

I am starting to work with Unistream, but is your duty to learn what can you do with the new hardware and software. If I know I am going to need some future that is not implemented in Unistream, then I evaluate if I am going to have the time to develope my own future or maybe Vision series is the best option.

I think with a little work you can solve this problem.

Good luck

Unfortunately I have filled in the Alarms Detail table.

I've been in contact with support and sent them the file.

I've been using Unitronics since 2001 and remember doing the alarms in the M90 and the VisiLogic system as well.  In the past I was always able to use a "Working" example as a starting point.

My problem is I can not get the example to work.

Unfortunately I have filled in the Alarms Detail table.

I've been in contact with support and sent them the file.

I've been using Unitronics since 2001 and remember doing the alarms in the M90 and the VisiLogic system as well.  In the past I was always able to use a "Working" example as a starting point.

My problem is I can not get the example to work.

Michael,

The example is working. It was tested and being used by others.

Please explain what exactly is not working for you in the example. 

Also, please note that when filling in values to a data table, they are not automatically being downloaded to the PLC. You need to manually write these values to the PLC. See the attached image.

post-20103-0-94320800-1412145880_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a few question because i don't understand how this example is working.

I understand that i need to fill the data table for the alarms details, but i don't undestand how to set an alarm.

I think i have to set a bit in a array, but wich one?

Can you explain me how to set an alarm

Thanks

Hi,

I have a few question because i don't understand how this example is working.

I understand that i need to fill the data table for the alarms details, but i don't undestand how to set an alarm.

I think i have to set a bit in a array, but wich one?

Can you explain me how to set an alarm

Thanks

Hello stephc3

You are correct, setting an alarm is done from an array of bits, under the "Alarm Example" struct. 

You can access this array directly by typing "Alarms Example.User Event Array" in a tag input line. There are 250 tags in this array.

• 7 months later...

Hello support,

I have one question about your alarms example which I used in my project in UniLogic. The question is how to display russian text in column "Names" and "comment" in Alarm Details Data table? My whole project is made as multilanguage (english / russian) and the Alarm Details is only place where I can not use russian language. I can type russian letters in cell value but when I press OK letters in that cell are like ?????? (question marks). 

I tried to set default Regional Settings in UniLogis as English and Russian but the results are the same.

Thank you in advance. 

Hello support,

I have one question about your alarms example which I used in my project in UniLogic. The question is how to display russian text in column "Names" and "comment" in Alarm Details Data table? My whole project is made as multilanguage (english / russian) and the Alarm Details is only place where I can not use russian language. I can type russian letters in cell value but when I press OK letters in that cell are like ?????? (question marks). 

I tried to set default Regional Settings in UniLogis as English and Russian but the results are the same.

Thank you in advance. 

Hello,

Have you installed and change the font of the text boxes to a font that supports Russian and English?

Are the question marks showing on the panel itself, or through the UniLogic software?

• 3 weeks later...

At last!

NEW RELEASE
UNILOGIC 1.14.33 UNISTREAM OS 1.14.7 JUNE, 2015
This major release brings you a brand-new power feature: built-in Alarms.

any example?

Hello,

As of now, there are no example projects for the new Alarms feature.  However, they are fairly simple to set up and implement, and there is an outline and set up for the components in the help files.

Hope this helps.

I can't find anything in help files related to alarms. which help files are you talking about?

I have few questions:

1.Are there any system bits associated with alarms? For example a bit that is triggered every time there is new alarm?

2. About the ACK bits they set automatically when you acknowledge an alarm, do you have to reset them manually after you clear the alarm?

I can't find anything in help files related to alarms. which help files are you talking about?

I have few questions:

1.Are there any system bits associated with alarms? For example a bit that is triggered every time there is new alarm?

2. About the ACK bits they set automatically when you acknowledge an alarm, do you have to reset them manually after you clear the alarm?

Hello,

The Alarms help files are in the June 2, 2015 help file release.  It is under its own book, un the "Data Tables" book.

The alarms are set up via configuration files, so you can choose to have the operator acknowledge the alarm and if you want the alarm to be displayed on the pop-up alarms banner.  When you click on the alarm (labeled in blue), you will configure a tag to associate whether this alarm condition is on or off and more condition parameters.  There are no overall system bits associated with whether or not an alarm is on.

The optional acknowledge bit you may add to the configuration, when you acknowledge the alarm in the alarms summary page, the acknowledge bit you added will still be high even though you have pressed acknowledge in the summary page.  Therefore, you will have to manually reset this optional bit you have added in your ladder.  This bit was only added as an option for you to use as a trigger within your ladder for other operations in your program.  Please note, you do not have to add this acknowledgement bit.

Let me know if this helps.