New V570 start up procedure please.

H,i New to the forum, and decided to come here for help. 

To keep it simple I am not very computer  illiterate so please keep this in mind. However I can follow directions.

Here at the plant where I work we have Machine A with V570 plc on ok?  The screen is blacked out you have to use flash light to put/change input parameters in etc.(unit works just led's out).

We also have Machines B & C with the V570. D & E have older models.

We purchased A brand new V570 screen from your factory to Put in Machine A.  (hope i didn't lose ya).

What steps do I need to do exactly 1)  2)  3).  To put the New V570 screen into Machine A to make it work?  Do I copy or is there a way to put New screen   in Machine B up/down load parameters to it then put back in Machine A?   Step by Step process please. 

MACHINE A B & C  all have the same program and work the same way to simplify things. 

Just want to exchange screen safely & keep parameters/programs-----    and as simply as possible-----. 

Do I need to download any programs?(which one's).  Or is there a simpler way?

(remember I'm computer illiterate to new things but hopefully I can follow directions lol.) Thats why I need step 1) do this step 2) do this.   

Thanks for Any help you can give me before I try to tackle this .

• MVP 2023

You're going to need to download and install Visilogic to do anything.

Hopefully you have the PLC program (it's a .vlp file).  Otherwise you'll have to see if the project upload was enabled in any of the PLCs and upload the program.

The next step is to connect to the PLC on Machine A and get the operand values.  In Visilogic it's under Connection->Export PLC Operands to File.  Then you power up the new PLC, download the program, and Import PLC from File to get your values loaded.

If you don't have the program, then hopefully you're handy.  THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY UNITRONICS AND MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY:  you can take the Machine A PLC apart and swap the CPU board into the new one.  Make sure the battery stays in place.

Try to do it the right way first.  Do you have a friendly distributor to help you?

Joe T.

You're going to need to download and install Visilogic to do anything.

OK I put this ^^^^^^^ on a laptop right?  I can do that.

Hopefully you have the PLC program (it's a .vlp file).

Don't have this^^^   so gotta try this>>>Otherwise you'll have to see if the project upload was enabled <<<how do I find this?in any of the PLCs and upload the program.  

Just so I'm Clear on this Joe.  Remember the PLC on Machine A is fine & working fine just can't see anything black screen...it's just the NEW (display screen V570) that I'm wanting to put IN Machine A.

I thought the distributor said something like we may can take program/parameters off a working identical machine (Machine B) & put back in Machine A with the new screen.(if the upload was enabled like you said). Just tryin to figure out HOW... My boss talked to him I didn't.  I was wanting to get a step by step possibility from forum.  As if you're teaching a kid for the first time. lol.

The next step is to connect to the PLC on Machine A and get the operand values.<<with laptop correct via RS32 cable? (or the new v570 screen)? In Visilogic it's under Connection->Export PLC Operands to File.  Then you power up the new PLC, download the program, and Import PLC from File to get your values loaded.

• MVP 2023

Shouldn't Clark1 first just confirm that SI 9 isn't set to zero? It's quick and easy to check (but you'll need your flashlight):

1) Go into Info Mode by touching an empty spot on the screen for at least 4 sec.

2) Touch the big button "Enter Info Mode".

3) Enter password (the default is 1111), and press the Enter key on the right.

4) Touch the button near the top labeled OPERANDS.

5) Touch the button labeled "Sys int" (2nd row, 3rd column).

6) SI 9 will be in the 3rd row in the middle. The numbers in the 3rd row will likely be "8", "1", SI 9, "0", "0". The 3rd number (SI 9) should be a value between 0 and 100. If it's near zero, touch the value and enter 50 then the Enter key. If the value is already greater than about 10, then you truly have a dead backlight.

Alternatively, if you already have Visilogic installed and a programming cable (and a USB-to-serial adapter), you can check it by going online with the PLC and checking the value directly in the Operands window of Visilogic.

If you don't have the program, then hopefully you're handy.  THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY UNITRONICS AND MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY:  you can take the Machine A PLC apart and swap the CPU board into the new one.  Make sure the battery stays in place.

Yes, that's a definite method of voiding the warranty....

You guys are like the Tasmaninian devil... with a screwdriver and pliers!

Ha ha, Thanks Flex n Cara,  I think Joe was just making an all out last resort method, lol.

Yes Flex we looked at that first the exact way with the Flash light it was sat on 70/80 I cant remember.(Which is why we bought a New control screen).

Machine A is running fine just VERY hard to make adjustments when needed but its been working for weeks like that not to much of a problem.

I'm looking trying to get familiar with Visilogic.  Reading the up/down load instructions are becoming a little more clearer. trying to get the communications cable figured out.   Machine B (older V570 series with the Good screen has no usb/Sd card ports but Com 1 & Com 2 (Can I Use These??  

Machine A with the Dead Back light  has the Com 1 & Com 2 ports but it also have an SD CARD input.

The New V570 has Com1 Com2 & SD CARD & Usb. which is what we were trying to go with but the older units doesn't have that.

My Question is which I haven't found yet but still looking Can I use the SD Card slot to up/down load to on it then put in the new screen control.    We'll get it figured out just taking a little longer.  Thanks for help & suggestion guys.

Yes I'm finding the instructions on the Sd card formating details just let me play a little more we'll figure it out.

• MVP 2023

You can use the SD slot to "Clone" a PLC.  Search the Visilogic Help for "Clone" to get instructions on how to do this.

COM 1 is the surefire way to communicate with the PLC.  V570's used to ship with a serial cable - MJ10-22-CS25.  You may have one of these in your stuff if you've got so many Unitronics PLCs.  You'll obviously need a serial port- if your laptop doesn't have one then get an MJ10-22-CS35 USB to Serial converter from your distributor.  Do not go out and buy just any converter from your local computer store; they are not created equal.

Joe T.

Ok the SD card has been formated

On the main Info Menu for SD   I don't see a down load tab.

It have 7 rows altogether. 

First Main block says Firmware V.002.001.37

The first row block says:          The second row says:

Firmware :PLC=>SD                 Firmware:SD=>PLC

APP: PLC=>SD                         APP:SD=>PLC

Upload APP:PLC>SD                DT:SD=>PLC

DT:PLC=>SD                   

To me it looks like the word PLC & SD is swapped on each row

Which is the Download tab? I see upload

I haven't put SD card in yet  but will I have to create a password for this card? I read something about that or will it clone once I put the SD card in & press which tab?  Dont want to render machine not working is the reason I ask & don't want to stop the process, I read.

I assume once & if its downloaded I hit upload once in the new PLC monitor correct? Distributor sending out proper cable monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after reading here and the suggestions here and carefully reading the instructions on visilogic help  I understood a  whole lot better.(We got the proper cable from the distributor)  Not as hard as I thought it was. Buttttt.  with the older 2.1 version I had I was able to update it to 3.0.  On machine A.   how ever when I got ready to upload project.  guess what you said it, the program wasn't selected when it was downloaded error 244 or 424 something like that.

And I went back to check the status on info  on the PLC itself it had NO UPLOAD DATA.....    And even if it did I prolly would still had to have a password which we don't know.

Called the company overseas where we got it from U.K   they want $6000!!! for a new PLC with the program in it.

They got us.  So now WE're thinking of option # 2.

Update we got it via. option #2  ;)