connecting logic to on screen buttons ( total newb )

james long

Hi, I'm new to this. So all help will be greatly appreciated. My mind works a little backwards so my questions might be dumb but for me necessary. My first question is what is the step to connect my function in my logic to the buttons on my screen. I can do alot of the ladder but I've never worked with this before so it is all new to me. Again thanks for any help. 

usp-070-b10, uid-0808-ths, exrc1, io to16, io atc8

Hi James;

In the Properties Block for the Button ( Lower Right Part of UniLogic Screen)

Look for Actions( normally at the top of the List)  and open

Then  Add New Action  -- Set bit   and link it to the ladder variable.

You can Set the Ladder Bit when  button is pressed, and reset the Bit when button is released  (or do the reset in the ladder)

Actions can also call  Screen jumps, set VNC Connection, and others

Dan Thomas

Thank you Dan. I have a new problem that I have not been able to find an answer to anywhere. In graphs and meters there is meter and trend. I am using the meter in my hmi as a thermometers but I do not how or if it is possible to put the incrementation on them to represent the temperature. This is one of my main on screen concerns now. I have 4 screens all together. I would upload but I don't know how to get a pic of the screen design without screen shoting my entire computer screen. The forum wont allow upload of an exported shot of hmi, and I don't have permission to use the gallery for some reason. This is frustrating.... Once I get the basic just of it I'll have it licked its just the terminology is new to me on some stuff, and I've never even seen anybody do this. I am learning this totally on my own.... so all help will much appreciated...

James Long 

How would I get the spacing and numbering correct to represent the the correct temperature. I'm not trying to sound simple but I just don't understand why there is no option for it on devices that designed for manufacturing and used alot for heating processes...... UUGGGHHHH... Being new to this does not help..Does anyone out there have any ideas on a thermometer or have one maybe done. With instructions on how you got the increments correct.

Sorry I sound so simple

James Long