HSC Frequency Measurement

jsmn

:):(

Hello. My hardware is V570-57-T20B+v200-18-E6B. This is my first post.

I am trying to create an rpm guard.

The subroutine will create MB.s for >0rpm (2Hz), >400rpm, >1410rpm, >1500rpm, >1800rpm.

Depending on the engine there is not always the equal numbers of pulses / r (2-200).

Maybe there are some similar subroutin i can look in to, how do i setup the HSC

I will be very happy to get on track with this.

• MVP 2023

Search the Help for "High Speed Input", which should walk you through the initial hardware configuration.  You can assign a register to report the frequency of the input, which should cover your rpm alarm requirements.

If you have additional questions please post your code with them.

Joe T.

• 4 months later...

Good afternoon, I am needing to make a tachometer (RPM) of a generator to see if they are working or not by the activation of alarms. I'm currently using a PLC Vision 1210 and a module with a module RC1 EX D16A3 IO to16. This module is because the large number of analog inputs has the generator set. I tried doing a window of 5 sec and count pulses that enter but has failed me. Would need a hand to move forward with programming.
Best regards from Argentina.
 Troche Francisco

Good afternoon, I am needing to make a tachometer (RPM) of a generator to see if they are working or not by the activation of alarms. I'm currently using a PLC Vision 1210 and a module with a module RC1 EX D16A3 IO to16. This module is because the large number of analog inputs has the generator set. I tried doing a window of 5 sec and count pulses that enter but has failed me. Would need a hand to move forward with programming.

Best regards from Argentina.

Troche Francisco

Hi ftroche,

Please send the tachometer model, or more preferably the datasheet of the product. Before getting to the solution, we first need to know what is the communication protocol that the tachometer works with.

Good morning, I misspoke, I have hardware that is V1210, the modules are expancion EX D16A3-TO16 RC1- IO and others are thermocouple, IO ATC8 number 14. What I need to do is to know if the machine working, having said that queire angular velocity for two reasons, the first is to activate the alarm system pressures (oil-water-air, etc.) and second control not exceeding 800 rpm. This I am thinking of doing with two inductive sensors, one main and one auxiliary.
I hope I was more clear and I apologize for the English is not very good.

I await your reply, Regards Francisco

Good morning, I misspoke, I have hardware that is V1210, the modules are expancion EX D16A3-TO16 RC1- IO and others are thermocouple, IO ATC8 number 14. What I need to do is to know if the machine working, having said that queire angular velocity for two reasons, the first is to activate the alarm system pressures (oil-water-air, etc.) and second control not exceeding 800 rpm. This I am thinking of doing with two inductive sensors, one main and one auxiliary.

I hope I was more clear and I apologize for the English is not very good.

I await your reply, Regards Francisco

Your main focus should be in selecting the right sensors for this task. I suppose that by inductive sensors you refer to proximity sensors, and that it is mechanically  feasible to install such sensors in a way that will sense a change in distance for each revolution. After obtaining a suitable sensor (main selection criteria is distance for sensing and frequency) all you need to do is define the sensor in your the Visilogic hardware configuration.

You have several options for high speed input:

1. define the input as counter - in that case you will have to build your own logic to calculate the frequency.

2. define as frequency measurement - in that case the input you will get is the actual frequency. There are 3 window frames to select from: 125ms, 500ms and 1000ms. Select your window frame according to the desired update time.

I hope that answers your question.

post-20103-0-19710700-1416310456_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1