Samba memory limitations

• MVP 2023

I'm currently working on a project that I thought would be ideal for the new Samba PLC. Unfortunately, I'm finding the memory to be shockingly limited and can't seem to easily work around it. This project has 13 screens (many of which are still empty since I've already exceeded the allowed PLC memory). When I run the "Projected Memory Map", I see that the vast majority of the memory is being taken up by "HMI Variables", but I can't get any information within that to tell me where the problem might be. Which "HMI Variables" are the most likely to use large amounts of memory? How can I find which elements are causing problems?

• MVP 2023

Unitronics Support was able to answer my questions and I have finished my first project using the new Samba. Because we wanted to get a little experience with this PLC, we decided to use it for an in-house project we've been wanting to do. The Samba PLC will be controlling two air compressors and monitoring their operation to avoid problems we've had in the past with the compressor motors running until they burn up when some problem occurs such as belt loss or loss of pressure.

My problem was that I initially tried programming the PLC like a slimmed-down V570 (since it has a 320x240 color touchscreen, just like the V570) instead of like a souped-up Jazz. I was able to work around the memory limitations and ended up with a minimalist, but very functional controller. The program has 6 screens, including a Main informational screen, vital statistics screen, Log screen, a Configuration screen, a Password Login screen, and an Installation screen to allow ease of initial setup. The program monitors two analog pressure sensors and appropriately controls two compressors with alarms, notifications, and logging. It also includes programmable timers to allow operation only on weekdays and/or during normal working hours. I'm pleased with the result and also pleased with the new Samba.