Drive stepper motor with JZ10-11-PT15

Hello to All,

I need to drive stepper motor for one little machine, but before tacking controller

want to know  if anyone has tried to drive stepper motor with JZ10-11-PT15.

With what frequency work well.

For me is enough 10-15Khz,(In the manual maximal freq.is 0.5khz for pnp and 32khz for npn)

Baho

Hi Baho,

Jazz does not support direct stepper motor.

You can use PWM mode of HSO 0 (output 05), npn, to simulate Stepper Motor output.

Jazz HSO 0 (output 05) should be configured as PWM with duty cycle 500 (50%) and required frequency.

Use Enable bit to start (=1) and stop (=0) pulse output.

There is no internal counter of output pulses, nor acceleration/deceleration.

You have to realize this in Ladder.

With a scan time of PLC (=>100 mSec), and frequency you use (15 kHz), it is impossible to predict if you can succeed or not.

It is preferred to make integration and tests.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

Thank you

I understood, I need to write more then 20Net in Ladder (configured  PWM,enable output, linearization acceleration/deceleration ..)

But it is project for one or two little machines.

I wanted to know if I can start the project with jazz or should necessarily pass to other PLC.

(JAZZ is simple and cheap )

Regards,

BAHO

Hi,

Thank you

I understood, I need to write more then 20Net in Ladder (configured  PWM,enable output, linearization acceleration/deceleration ..)

But it is project for one or two little machines.

I wanted to know if I can start the project with jazz or should necessarily pass to other PLC.

(JAZZ is simple and cheap )

Regards,

BAHO

Hi Bettim,

As Alex mentioned, you can use the Jazz for controlling a stepper motor driver, but you will have to develop more sophisticated capabilities yourself.

As an alternative, you can use Unitronics Vision PLC's (V350 or V130 TR models). they offer:

1. PTO function blocks - enabling easy definition for stepper motors, profiling of acceleration/deceleration, relative/absolute move functions and more.

2. Visilogic - A modern development environment packed with features. Very easy to master.

3. Expanding your project - unlike the jazz, Vision PLC's are expandable in terms of I/O.

Obviously, the Vision PLC's are more expensive than Jazz, but you may consider the time saved for developing your application in Visilogic worth much more than the price differences.