Memory initialisation

Hello guys,

I have a issue with the memory initialisation and managment in the Unitronics PLC.

Already learned that the memory is not initialized when a new program is downloaded to the controller (not even to a new one).

So, which is a good practice to work with parameters?

I have my mashines with the identical program, just different startup parameters.

Now i want to preset the parameters for Mashine 1, 2, 3... and so on, before downloading the program. Is that posible?

They point is, i'm programming the software, and the guys at production will load them to the mashine. It would be good to preset them,

insted of setting them all manually after downloading.

I cannt use "initilize during power up", because if a customer changes some parameters later, they would be overwritten every time they

restart the mashine.

How do you that in your programs?

Best regards,

Dorian

Hi Dorian,

For storing predefined settings for your application or working with recipes, the recommended solution is to work with data tables. Data tables are areas in the PLC memory where you can store and retrieve data during runtime, and also export/import this data to Excel. You can store predefined settings for different machines, and also enable changing these values by the user.

For more information, please refer to the Data Tables section in Visilogic help file. Also, there are plenty of application examples you can explore in Visilogic

Hi Dorian,

For storing predefined settings for your application or working with recipes, the recommended solution is to work with data tables. Data tables are areas in the PLC memory where you can store and retrieve data during runtime, and also export/import this data to Excel. You can store predefined settings for different machines, and also enable changing these values by the user.

For more information, please refer to the Data Tables section in Visilogic help file. Also, there are plenty of application examples you can explore in Visilogic

Hello Eyal,

all right. Thats exactly what i was searching for.

Thank you very much.

I also would really like, if at the variable box where you can set "initialize during power up" there

was another box "initialize during download".

Wish you all a nice day.

Best regards,

Dorian