Ussing USB HMI port for using a print

Ivan Rodolfo

Hello there,

I have buy an Unitronics USP-104-B10 and it has been a good toy for now... At this moment I'm trying to use a printer (CSN-A2) that usually I used on Arduino proyects by RS-232 and TTL ports

Now, I have a cable USB-TTL that I used for programing some Arduinos/4dSystem boards... 

I Would like to have some advice about how can I config my UNITRONICS HMI in order to use his USB ports for use that printer.

I already see and study one example called "Send String and_Number Via RS232" and has been quite helpfull, but I cannot make to work HMI USB ports at all...

Waiting for your help,

Ivan R.

Hello,

You can use any RS232 device with the USB port.  We do have examples of using RS232 with UniLogic in our examples folder, which you can download from our website or through UniLogic.  However, I don't believe they specifically use the Panel USB port.

To enable RS232 communication over the USB port, please navigate to the PLC Communications tab in the Solution Explorer, then the Physical tab, and choose the Panel USB Port option.  In the properties window to the right, you can check off "Enable USB for Serial" option, and also choose the parameters for RS232 below the check box.

2 5 2015 4 03 54 PM

In addition, the USB port already has standard drivers for a mouse and keyboard to be used with the Panel.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ivan,

Unfortunately, you cannot configure the USB ports (or install drivers) on the Unistream to support specific devices.

To communicate with a device over RS-232 layer, you should either use a USB to serial adapter (available also from Unitronics), or install one of the Unistream serial communication modules.

Hi UniGuru,

is it required to use that particular USB to serial adapter ? Is it enough to use one with Prolific controller PL2303HXD ? (I've Prolific PL 2303H and it seems to be not working)

Hi UniGuru,

is it required to use that particular USB to serial adapter ? Is it enough to use one with Prolific controller PL2303HXD ? (I've Prolific PL 2303H and it seems to be not working)

The USB host in Unistream had been tested with several devices. All tested devices were using the Prolific PL2303 family drivers.

If possible, please send me the specifications of the Prolific controller PL2303HXD you mentioned.