Unilogic 1.14 Alarms management and Ladder functions

Guillaume80

Hi all,

I have set up a few alarms in a new project using the new alarm management system provided by the latest version of Unilogic (v1.14).

At first sight, this functionnality should be a great improvement over the previous versions.

However it doesn't seem I can use the alarms I have set in the ladder functions...

What am I missing ?

Guillaume

Hi Saragani

I have to customize my HMI screens and make specific images blink on alarm.

For now I need to have access to a tag that is set to a specific value (1 for instance !) whenever an alarm in an alarm group is active.

Having access to each alarm state would also be very interesting for the same purpose.

Hi, 

On the next version (1.15), it is planned to have a tag that contains:

* An array of 32 bits (one per group

* An array of 1025 Bits ( 1 spare bit + 1 bit per alarm)

* A bit that indicates that 1 or more alarms are active

* An interger with the total number of active alarms

So I'm guessing it fits your request.

• 3 months later...
Hi!

I am glad it is planned to add tags to better control alarms from the ladder, this are really missing now.

I would like to take advantage of this space and suggest few more options to the alarm system, that i found critical:

1. To be able to to define an alarm as a latching or non-latching . in case of a latching alarm the alarm output bit will remain active until  the trigger is OFF, AND it was Reset/Acknowledge  by the user. The "latched" status must be retained after power cycle.

(If the latching is made outside the alarm applet (on the alarm trigger), then it will confuse users with the real status of the alarm)

2. To be able to Acknowledge/Reset alarm also by a global tag, and not only by the BI HMI status viewer. This is very important because Unistream HMI may not be the only user interface around,  Please give the options to acknowledge alarms from the ladder by by a digital input or by SMS or by SCADA and more...

(BTW, the same lacuna exist with Vision build in alarms)

3.  The option for viewing history alarms from HMI. If messages are cleared then they just disappear from the view forever. But what if one want to search past events like at what time an alarm rise and fall, or what happen yesterday?

( separate lists for active and none active alarms like in the Vision series is preferable in my view)

4. The option of disabling alarm with no time limit is happen to be to easy and can be dangerous in some cases.  There must be some limitation about it like: user level / password / canceling prevention bit. 

5. To change alarm summery colors by status, like if the alarm is no longer active, then it will become green.This will make it easier to catch status by a glance in rush environments. If color change is problematic as it is already defined by sensitivity, then maybe another characteristic like fading or frames or a symbol,,.

6. To be able to time out the alarm status view, by a timer in the alarm display property, or by a system bit indicating the alarm summary is displayed.

If some of the requirements already exist please help me to discover.

I hope to get some feedback...

Thanks,

Guest gsxr1000au

All excellent suggestions.. I hope to see them implemented. 

Also, Why doesn't the Alarm Status Viewer record date and time of alarms?

Hi!

I am glad it is planned to add tags to better control alarms from the ladder, this are really missing now.

I would like to take advantage of this space and suggest few more options to the alarm system, that i found critical:

1. To be able to to define an alarm as a latching or non-latching . in case of a latching alarm the alarm output bit will remain active until  the trigger is OFF, AND it was Reset/Acknowledge  by the user. The "latched" status must be retained after power cycle.

(If the latching is made outside the alarm applet (on the alarm trigger), then it will confuse users with the real status of the alarm)

2. To be able to Acknowledge/Reset alarm also by a global tag, and not only by the BI HMI status viewer. This is very important because Unistream HMI may not be the only user interface around,  Please give the options to acknowledge alarms from the ladder by by a digital input or by SMS or by SCADA and more...
(BTW, the same lacuna exist with Vision build in alarms)

3.  The option for viewing history alarms from HMI. If messages are cleared then they just disappear from the view forever. But what if one want to search past events like at what time an alarm rise and fall, or what happen yesterday?
( separate lists for active and none active alarms like in the Vision series is preferable in my view)

4. The option of disabling alarm with no time limit is happen to be to easy and can be dangerous in some cases.  There must be some limitation about it like: user level / password / canceling prevention bit. 

5. To change alarm summery colors by status, like if the alarm is no longer active, then it will become green.This will make it easier to catch status by a glance in rush environments. If color change is problematic as it is already defined by sensitivity, then maybe another characteristic like fading or frames or a symbol,,.

6. To be able to time out the alarm status view, by a timer in the alarm display property, or by a system bit indicating the alarm summary is displayed.

If some of the requirements already exist please help me to discover.

I hope to get some feedback...

Thanks,