Press a button from Ladder code

Moran

hi,

i tried to use a binary image but still does not work as i need,

what i am trying to do is to put a button on the HMI and by pressing it i want to operate another button (or a binary image) that has some actions inits action collection

but it is not working well...

thanks for your help.

hi,

i attached 2 photos, the first called 1.GIF you can see a button called "Start Simul" that has 1 action (set bit to Start_Simul bit)

the second photo called 2.GIF there is a binary image that link to the bit "Start_Simul" and has 2 actions (set bit and increment )

i want to press the Start Simul button and operate the 2 actions in the binary image.

now when i pressed the Start Simul button the binary image change the image but the 2 actions dond work, if i press the binary image directly the 2 actions work.

post-8956-0-90086400-1456775484_thumb.gif

post-8956-0-34805100-1456775487_thumb.gif

Dear Moran,

Please forgive me if I write my opinion in your post; the tags that are shown in the 2.gif (Tpp_on and Tpp_Index) will be "managed" only if button (circular button) will be pressed or clicked (direct action)...if I well understood you want/need that these tags are managed when you press or click the orange square button that already manage the "Start_simul"... this tag will switch the binary image but not the tags linked inside (not direct action).  Then you have to remove the tags (Tpp_on and Tpp_Index) from the grid of circular button and insert the same tags in the grid of orange square button.

I hope that I have not said stupid things...in case, please, forgive me because I am a newbe.

hi ORSO2001,

what you say it's correct, but it is not what i am trying to do...

now i have 8 binary images (like the circular button) and for each of them i attaced the 2 actions. and when the operator press one of them the actions shuold be work and this is working

but i want to press a button (the orange button) and to activate the 8 binary images automatic (make the 2 actions ) at difference time, first operate the first binary image ,after 10 sec operate the second and so on....but this is not working...

Hello Moran,

ORSO2001 is exactly correct.  The actions are a touch property of the button, so will only be activated if the button is touched.

I would move the two actions from your binary image, and add them to the actions of your Start Simul button, just as ORSO2001 has mentioned above.

hi ORSO2001,

what you say it's correct, but it is not what i am trying to do...

now i have 8 binary images (like the circular button) and for each of them i attaced the 2 actions. and when the operator press one of them the actions shuold be work and this is working

but i want to press a button (the orange button) and to activate the 8 binary images automatic (make the 2 actions ) at difference time, first operate the first binary image ,after 10 sec operate the second and so on....but this is not working...

Hi Moran,

Ok...but in this case you have to "create" a ladder condition, by timer, contact etc...and insert the "set" or "reset" command inside the orange button.

• MVP 2023

Moran, you need to distinguish between the "Tag: Link" and the "Tag: Touch...". The Tag: Link is what will be changed in your ladder to have your button change in appearance. The Tag: Touch is where you define the actions that will occur when the button is touched. Those actions can include Set or Reset of the Tag: Link.

hello,

thank you all for your reply, i had a little misunderstanding about the action list at the button properties. i now understand that this actions take place only when you actually touch the screen.

so i moved this actions to the ladder code and now it is working.

thank you all again!!