Very odd situation, for the first time in a decade using VisiLogic: Yesterday, after I finished my current project I burned "Upload Project" to the V570 and saved the file. My normal procedure is to make file backup, so I instantly used "Save as" within the same folder with _bak added to the project name. After that I performed verification with the OPLC, which returned all the check marks as usual. Furthermore, my normal routine includes synronising "Documents" folder with the one on a USB memory stick, which I also performed imediatelly.

This morning i needed to change some small detail in a program, so I normally performed verification before making any changes to a program, imediatelly upon making a connection to the OPLC, and it failed! Instead of check marks I've got a red crosses next to "Download DLU's" and "Project upload file" fields

post-281-0-03273200-1459589907_thumb.png.

I also tried to verify other 3 backup files (one from the computer and other two from USB memory stick and all the time I get the same result.

At the moment I am very concerned about that. Hundreds of time I preformed the same routine without any problem, and now this!

OK, I decided that it is not possible that all four copies of the same project file are corrupted, so I decided to discard the OPLC content and burn the project again and see what i am going to get with that. But before doing so, I tried to upload the project from the OPLC to a new project. Upon finishing the upload the verification again failed the same way as before! It says the the uploaded project is not the same as himself! Is it possible that really the project image file was corrupted withing the PLC flash memory?

After I made necessary changes, I burnt the project again to the V570 and performed the same backup routine as described. All the verification passed, but we'll see what is going to happen tomorrow...

I use latest VisiLogic 9.8.18 with up-to-date operating system files on a Win10 machine.

What happened?  :wacko:

• 6 years later...

I've never used Verify before (I have 3 V570's &  Visilogic 9.8.65, all three should be running the same program)  until I realized that I am solely responsible for version control. I hoped Verify would tell me tell me if the program  running in the connected V570 was the same as the project loaded into Visilogic. I get the exact same verify result as you, even if I load a different version of the project into Visilogic. What does the absence of a Ladder icon mean? it wasn't compared?

Is there a video that explains Verify and its results?

• MVP 2023

Brian, I don't use Verify, but I think the absence of the ladder icon is related to the PLC's ability.  Some models of Vision can do more than others.  I only use 130s and the ladder icon doesn't show.  But in theory everything that IS compared should show you something is different.

My methods for trying to keep track of programs is to name it in whatever MI or DW or etc that is convenient for the name to be there in full.  This can be annoying when you only change a little bit, but it is the sure fire way I use.  Or should say, try to use all the time! I still get caught out sometimes by not changing the ID.  Flex and others put these details on screen, but as I only use 130s this can be difficult at times.  I've often done minor changes to a program without sending it to the plc in use because I can't disrupt operations.  When I can send it, by mistake I often go in to check operations thinking I've already sent it!  Now...why isn't that working?  It's because you are stoopid, Aus. That ID you change tells you so, you dumbcluck, if you look at them closely.  It is annoying  when I forget to do so, yet have changed something very minor.  I try to use a related Excel sheet to keep track of every change, but this also gets missed sometimes.  All those little bits of extra time needed to record every change somewhere are worth it!

cheers, Aus

Like Flex, Joe, and others, I plant a hard coded ID somewhere in a project, usually on some config type screen, it's the name of the program, augmented with the last edit date...

A little more work to remember to edit this along with the program changes, but works well for me.

Regardless  of what any Verify process tells me, I know what is the "latest and greatest" version of the project...

JohnR

• MVP 2023
11 hours ago, John_R said:

Like Flex, Joe, and others, I plant a hard coded ID somewhere in a project, usually on some config type screen, it's the name of the program, augmented with the last edit date...

I also include the VisiLogic version so that I don't inadvertently update the project to a newer version of VisiLogic.

• Like 1